Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2018, 05:54 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It would be a blast if Pentax made a new TS lens! In the meantime, I'll use post-processing perspective adjustment.

02-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #17
Forum Member

Tilt Lens

The Pentax shift lens has no tilt ability, but is well made and durable, a filter holder is on the rear, and takes Gelatine filters, the front thread (on the tips of the petal shaped hood - fixed) is 77mm for use when not shifting, the reason some have come onto the market is the in built shift setting on the k1, this movement of the chip has the same effect as a shift lens and is easy to use, I considered purchasing the 24mm Rokinon, but the Samyang from which its is derived received very mixed reviews, and some testers stated it had only one usable f stop.
02-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Snappertim Quote
The Pentax shift lens has no tilt ability, but is well made and durable, a filter holder is on the rear, and takes Gelatine filters, the front thread (on the tips of the petal shaped hood - fixed) is 77mm for use when not shifting, the reason some have come onto the market is the in built shift setting on the k1, this movement of the chip has the same effect as a shift lens and is easy to use, I considered purchasing the 24mm Rokinon, but the Samyang from which its is derived received very mixed reviews, and some testers stated it had only one usable f stop.
The Rokinon will be strictly used at around F11 with sharpness and deep depth of field being the only thing in mind. Ansel Adams was in the F64 club, the Rokinon can be in my F11 club should I get it.
02-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Snappertim Quote
The K28/3.5 Shift has three built in filters (Sky, Yellow and orange).

Phil.