Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2018, 04:23 AM   #1
Pentaxian

AF Extension Tube

Hi there, can anyone name a few such extension tube with AF Coupler, so that can be used with all K lenses ? I got a 2X extender with glass elements removed to used as extension tube, but lacking shaft drive support.

02-19-2018, 07:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
KENKO Pz-AF UNIPLUS TUBE 25

25mm extension tube with both screw drive AF and SDM AF contacts, as well as auto exposure.
02-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Plus any autofocus teleconverter can be converted. (pretty expensive option however)
02-19-2018, 07:50 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, I just checked their website no extension tube for Pentax is on the list, but I found a Kooka one on eBay.<br />
<br />

Update : I can only find Kooka still making this and I just ordered one.

QuoteOriginally posted by tom1803 Quote
KENKO Pz-AF UNIPLUS TUBE 25<br />
<br />
25mm extension tube with both screw drive AF and SDM AF contacts, as well as auto exposure.

Last edited by lotech; 03-12-2018 at 08:35 AM.
02-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They tended to be expensive even back in the '90s...

I got lucky and found this set on shopgoodwill with a black KX and a PZ-70 with a couple lenses...and I ended up paying about what was on the price tag for the set...
03-26-2018, 09:55 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I just received the Kooka extension tube, it is in another name, it worked with both screw drive and SDM, quite tricky to fit in the lens due to the aperture setting tap blocking the lens. I got it at Aliexpress for $40 similar price as B&H, which is the international version of the 'Tao Bo'. Fyi you may be able to get goods for 50% price at those chinese web, but prepare to get 200% of trouble as well, due to the bad communications and useless shipment tracking system.The tracking detail is only available before the goods leave mainland china, after that your local carrier will take care of the rest, which the seller has no idea at all, they don't even know which local carrier is handling it, and the tracking detail on the web will be delayed as much as 5 days, unless you are willing to pay for high cost courier such as UPS/Fedex...etc., and you should avoid those 'free shipping' offer, unless you have time to burn, and the goods may get lost in the mail, I had enough !