Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2018, 04:30 PM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Albums
New stuff from Japan

Having a great time looking at used and new equipment in Japan! I am in Tokyo and have found the camera stores to be amazing. Lots of great expensive and cheap lenses. I am on a budget so I picked up a Like New Tokina 500mm mirror lens yesterday for about $100. Zero wear in the lens and included original filters, case and cleaning cloth. Almost donít want to use it. I know the limitations of mirror but wanted a small (boy is it small!) option for my bag with a lot of reach. Also tried out some amazing lenses and cameras brand new yesterday on a huge shop store.... 15-30mm, 150-450mm, 560mm, pentax 645z, 300mm, and more. It was crazy how you could just pop them in your camera and shoot away. I also picked up a Koniflex TLR and shot a roll of 120. Sadly need to wait for return to US to process as I am leaving soon. All in all very entertaining visit and spent $200 for some cool old stuff. If you have cash to spend, you can get some amazing equipment.... lots of FA lenses, and stuff I have only read about! Think 500mm 4.5 that is huge but super cool.

Attached Images

02-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

That's pretty cool, I'd love to see all the stuff I've only read about too. I'd have to give my wallet to my wife before going of course
02-23-2018, 05:55 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
OK, now I have to visit Japan
02-23-2018, 06:39 PM   #4

Original Poster
Ok - so I am up to about $240 in purchases. Went into an amazing and elegant camera store. Some pretty nice lenses and a very nice salesman but nothing that overwhelmed me. Then looked in the junk box and the salesman ran over and pulled out a Sigma 70-210 4.5/5.6. He encouraged me to put it on my camera and it worked fine. A bit sticky and the reviews are mixed but I added it to my collection for $18.

Fun fun fun.... Here are some pics (heavily processed) from the 500mm mirror. I am happy for the money!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-23-2018, 08:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Enjoyed the photo's. Seems you have had considerable enjoyment for your modest investment, and the pleasure it will continue to provide has only begun!
02-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Seems like Tokyo is the mecca of Pentax shooters.... Love to go there one day.
02-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was in Tokyo last year, and while there is some cool Pentax stuff to be found, it is really Mecca for folks who like expensive rangefinders. Dang. It was like shopping for jewelry...

Maybe I just went to the wrong shops 🙂

Though I did come home with Pentax mugs 🙂

-Eric