Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Should I buy it?!!?!?

I ran into a used Pentax-A 35-105mm f/3.5 at a local store today. They want $150 canadian for it.. which doesn't seem *bad*.. but I'd like to know how you folks feel. I really want it, as that range is almost perfect to complement my 28-75mm f/2.8, and f/3.5 constant is pretty darned good.. especially for the old A-lens optics.

The lens is in fantastic shape, and even has a macro function.

So.. what do you think? Is this a valid LBA, or would I be a fool to pick it up?

02-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #2

Well, you really want it, so sure! go ahead.

but its an awful lot of overlap with the 28-75 isnt it?
02-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Artyste Quote
-snip-
So.. what do you think? Is this a valid LBA, or would I be a fool to pick it up?
A poor victim of LBA doesn't ask the question but is happy getting involved in stupid things. Now when I have this conclusion about you not suffering that bad from from LBA the matter can be discussed in a sane way, ok?

What are you going to do with that dusty old and slow zoom between 75 and 105mm? Anything at all?
Save some money and buy a funny lens instead. You can have an old and dusty Jupiter-9 with 15 aperture blades and great blur for less money. That would be an addition to your equipment, and worthy a true LBA label.

whatever, good luck from me
02-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
A poor victim of LBA doesn't ask the question but is happy getting involved in stupid things. Now when I have this conclusion about you not suffering that bad from from LBA the matter can be discussed in a sane way, ok?

What are you going to do with that dusty old and slow zoom between 75 and 105mm? Anything at all?
Save some money and buy a funny lens instead. You can have an old and dusty Jupiter-9 with 15 aperture blades and great blur for less money. That would be an addition to your equipment, and worthy a true LBA label.

whatever, good luck from me
You know what.. you make an awful lot of sense.

02-22-2007, 03:45 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Artyste, I think that the price is good, but there is big overlap with the exsisting 28-75. I personally would look around for an A 70-210 instead. But the 35-105 is a nice walk around range. Don't know the lens so I don't know how good it is. Like Jonas said, it's pretty slow tho.

NaCl(just my $.05 and worth all of that)H2O