Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: If an inexpensive adapter were availible eliminating Aluminum Foil , would you buy ?
I Dont care / Irrelevant to me 1647.06%
Continue using Aluminum foil or tape on my Takumars 1029.41%
Buy a inexpensive $25 adapter for my Takumars if Availible 617.65%
I use a different method shooting Takumar Lenses 514.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2018, 01:24 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The data pin needs to be shorted for CIF to work with my m42 taks on both the K-3 and the K-1. I need to get a roll of conductive tape today to make it easier than using aluminum foil.

03-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
The data pin needs to be shorted for CIF to work with my m42 taks on both the K-3 and the K-1. I need to get a roll of conductive tape today to make it easier than using aluminum foil.
I suppose I’ll allow them not supporting CIF on 50 year old screwmount lenses.
03-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I don't think any of my m42s are conductive
Mine aren't, with a single exception. The finish on the base of my black Jupiter-9 is mildly conductive such that sometimes it is detected as having "A" contacts.

Steve
03-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #34
Pentaxian

I have a few that might be (is chrome on Jenas and similar conductive?) IF they actually touched the contacts -- all those ones I have like that have the really narrow base and the contacts are totally exposed.

03-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #35
Pentaxian

I only time I use foil is when I want to use catch in focus, which isn't often anymore since I installed a split image focusing screen. I find Av works pretty good most of the time and close enough that a little exposure slider tweak in LR fixes.