Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2018, 08:13 PM   #1

SMC DA 35mm f/2.4 AL All Metal mount

I recently bought this lens on the internet and was surprised to find it had a metal mount. I could not find Pentax 35mm f/2.4 on the internet that didnít have a plastic mount.I attached it to my K100D and K110D bodies and shortly discovered the lens has an apature ring.. I was able to get both cameras to accept the lens but, when I attempted to take pictures with the lens, I learned they wouldnít recognize the multisegment light meters (they recognize center and spot meters), nor the various settings, i.e., P, Av, Tv, etc., but sometimes work in Av. What is this lens? Has it been modified? Can it be adapted to work with these bodies?

04-12-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

What is "this lens"? I must be missing the photo/description. Do you mean the 35 2.0?
04-12-2018, 09:33 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
What is "this lens"? I must be missing the photo/description. Do you mean the 35 2.0?
Like tibbitts said, it's probably the FA 35mm 2.0, or an older lens. It would help to post a picture. If it has an aperture ring, make sure it is set to "A", otherwise you will need to change a setting in the menu to allow aperture ring use and use green button stop down metering.
04-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #4
amateur dirt farmer...
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
perhaps a photo of the lens would help?

Last edited by pepperberry farm; 04-13-2018 at 02:50 AM. Reason: typo
04-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by McLaughlin Quote
I recently bought this lens on the internet and was surprised to find it had a metal mount. I could not find Pentax 35mm f/2.4 on the internet that didnít have a plastic mount.I attached it to my K100D and K110D bodies and shortly discovered the lens has an apature ring.. I was able to get both cameras to accept the lens but, when I attempted to take pictures with the lens, I learned they wouldnít recognize the multisegment light meters (they recognize center and spot meters), nor the various settings, i.e., P, Av, Tv, etc., but sometimes work in Av. What is this lens? Has it been modified? Can it be adapted to work with these bodies?
Set the aperture ring to "A"

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #6

Original Poster
See attached photos. There is no way, in its current state, to set the Apature ring to "A". Does anyone know what this mount is? Is it an FA? F?, etc. Any adaptor that would make it work fully, (like the Tamron Adaptall 2, etc) with my camera bodies (K100D & K110D). If I cant find a way to have ths lens work with my two camera bodies I'll sell it, but I'd need to identify the mount.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
04-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by McLaughlin Quote
See attached photos. There is no way, in its current state, to set the Apature ring to "A". Does anyone know what this mount is? Is it an FA? F?, etc. Any adaptor that would make it work fully, (like the Tamron Adaptall 2, etc) with my camera bodies (K100D & K110D). If I cant find a way to have ths lens work with my two camera bodies I'll sell it, but I'd need to identify the mount.
This looks like a DIY job gone wrong The lens appears to be missing some parts.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-20-2018, 05:50 PM   #8
amateur dirt farmer...
Loyal Site Supporter

definitely someone's attempt to mount a metal mount on a DA 35/2.4, which has always had a plastic mount and no aperture ring...

depending upon the seller's description, I would consider a return...