Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #16

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. Just got this lens 2 weeks ago. It is spectacular! It hasn't left my K20D since.

My take:

Pros:
1) nice walkabout focal lens for me
2) as sharp as the FA31 Ltd. (to my eyes anyway) right off F2.8
3) Macro as a bonus
4) Built quality is up there

Cons:
1) No faster than F2.8, although it being very sharp wide open compensates to some degree...
2) No SDM. However, compactness would have suffered
3) To use 1:1, need to retract the hood and get REALLY close to the subject, in case of insects, unless it is knock-out first (...) chances are it will be gone by the time you can focus on it... Although I see some really spectacular pictures above that prove otherwise... Did you use crazy glue on the bugs?

I was really hesitant to get it because I have the 31 Ltd already but the Pentax rep (Bill) was in the store at the time... (note: if you have LBA, stay away from Bill!!!). No regrets!

Gene

09-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm not big on landscape shots, but I've recently been cycling the I & M canal trail in Illinois and decided to try out the da 35mm macro. I am very pleased with its performance. Heres a few examples:

Last edited by ivoire; 04-18-2009 at 09:23 AM.