Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The TC issue is the reason I'm more likely to go with the Tamron version, if I were to get one of the two. Even though the Tamron isn't HSM, at least I know it would work with my TC. It would make sense for Sigma to also introduce TCs that are compatible with the HSM lenses. The ability to use a TC for extra length is one of the reasons that I would spend the money on a fast telezoom and I don't like the idea that there aren't any TCs that are being currently produced that would work properly with a lens that I would spend this kind of money on.

Just my 2¢...
Heather

09-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
The TC issue is the reason I'm more likely to go with the Tamron version, if I were to get one of the two. Even though the Tamron isn't HSM, at least I know it would work with my TC. It would make sense for Sigma to also introduce TCs that are compatible with the HSM lenses. The ability to use a TC for extra length is one of the reasons that I would spend the money on a fast telezoom and I don't like the idea that there aren't any TCs that are being currently produced that would work properly with a lens that I would spend this kind of money on.

Just my 2¢...
Heather
Sigma is coming out with a TC that will be compatible. Earliest date that I have read was by mid to end of October. Don't quote me on this as it might only be a rumor.