Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2018, 08:36 AM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax Lenses on Leica Body

Bismillah

I could not find a thread answering this question - has anyone adapted a Pentax lens on a Leica Mirrorless body and have details and samples to share? Thanks.

05-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you seen these threads? http://forum.mflenses.com/smc-pentax-l-43mm-19-special-lens-t63187.html and Pentax 43mm f1.9 Special for Leica Mount ? - PentaxForums.com
05-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by halimj7 Quote
Bismillah

I could not find a thread answering this question - has anyone adapted a Pentax lens on a Leica Mirrorless body and have details and samples to share? Thanks.
Assuming you mean current model M and L mount Leica bodies, adapters are available for both and results should be similar to FF and APS-C examples on Pentax and other cameras. The main consideration is lack of rangefinder coupling on bodies using that focus system and whether the adapter offers an aperture ring for use with Pentax models that lack such.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-20-2018 at 11:56 AM.
05-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Although this is relating to Pentax lenses, I've moved it to the non-Pentax forum where we might have some "Leica lurkers"

05-20-2018, 04:55 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax lenses should work quite well on the Leica SL mirrorless, and Novoflex even makes an adapter for it. As mentioned there are adapters to mount the lenses on M cameras, and the latest M (typ 240) and M10 offer live view, so it would be possible to focus without rangefinder coupling, but use on an SL or a Sony A7 series would be easier to use, as even the M10 live view with the "Visoflex" eyepiece adapter is rather clunky compared to an SL or Sony.
I use my Pentax SMC-M lenses on an A7, and get good results.
05-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I've moved it to the non-Pentax forum where we might have some "Leica lurkers"
Maybe Ned Bunnell will respond
05-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Maybe Ned Bunnell will respond
He is still around. He "fav'ed" one of my Flickr camera p0on photos a few weeks ago.

Steve