Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fotodiox tilt shift converter/adapter for Pentax MF lenses, but not on Pentax bodies!

Check this out. Fotodiox is making tilt/shift adapters for Pentax 645 and 6x7 lenses for use on a variety of bodies, but Pentax is not one of the mounts!

Lens Mount Adapters ? Tagged "tilt" ? Fotodiox, Inc. USA

Is anyone familiar with these adapters and how long they've been around?

How do we get Fotodiox to make this in K-mount or M42 even?

This just doesn't seem right!

05-26-2018, 09:29 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There are other adapters and i want wide angle so its not the best option. The rokinon tilt shift seems far better.
05-27-2018, 02:35 AM   #3

tilt/shift adapters for Pentax 645 and 6x7

The original tilt/shift adapters for Pentax 645 and 6x7 lenses were built by Mirex. MIREX-Adapter f
Adaption to Pentax K3, K5 .. is no problem. For K1: a modification of the adapter is necessary. Please ask Mirex. The quality of this adapter is excellent.
05-27-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The concept of this adapter and opening up a range of focal lengths beyond the 24mm of the Rokinon TS lens is of appeal. I have that lens, and it is actually pretty nice, but I think it would be neat to have the option for some other choices.

The Mirex adapter looks very nice - thanks for pointing it out. However, based on the other prices listed, it looks to be more than double the price of the Fotodiox adapter, which takes it beyond what I can afford for such a thing. I could talk myself in to the $199 USD, but not $500!

I still find it surprising that Fotodiox would make such an adapter and not have a version for K mount or M42. It's really got to be nothing more than a different flange on something like this. Wonder if you could pull the K-mount off a lens and with a little creativity modify one of these new adapters?

Last edited by clickclick; 05-27-2018 at 09:24 PM.