Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sigma FF lens

Anyone own a Sigma 28-105 f2.8-4.0? Please share your experience and I will share mine.

Thanks.

12-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Goodness! No one else in the Pentax world owns this lens?
12-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Goodness! No one else in the Pentax world owns this lens?
I guess you know what that means...you, and you alone, are responsible for adding a review to the third-party lens database on this site! It is your solemn duty!

Steve

(Remember to post a picture of the lens up too )
12-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #4

Just received this lens with an MZ-50. Camera is in as new condition and lens looks OK.
Shot a roll of Fuji 200 today and got it processed at the local K-Mart.
First film shoot in 10 years.
Every shot is tack sharp, colour balance is spot on and the exposures are as good as I can get with the K20.
Maybe I can sell the digital gear and go back to film?
Naargh. I like the instant gratification you get with digital. I kept looking at the back of the camera after every shot.

BTW - camera and lens was $55 AU

12-06-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by garth1948 Quote
Just received this lens with an MZ-50. Camera is in as new condition and lens looks OK.
Every shot is tack sharp, colour balance is spot on and the exposures are as good as I can get with the K20.
Naargh. I like the instant gratification you get with digital. I kept looking at the back of the camera after every shot.

That was my reaction a few weeks ago when I put a roll of Kodak Gold 200 through the Ricoh. I won't be ditching the digital gear anytime soon, but I am back to shooting film once in a while for the great results. A few of my lenses that produce so-so images on digital are suddenly heroes again on film.

What I have found is that the smaller sensor on my K10D pushes the capabilities of even an excellent lens. It is not that the sensor is better than film...rather it is that the extra enlargement from the smaller sized image requires more than the lens can give regardless of sensor resolution. This was well-demonstrated on APS-C film cameras as well as on the Pentax 110 film SLR.

Steve
12-14-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok. I will see what I can do! I like challenges!
12-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I did it Steave!

12-15-2008, 06:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by garth1948 Quote

Interesting ... I was just given am MZ-50 from the sister-in-law ... she can't be bothered with film anymore ... and knew I have Pentax gear.

I am looking forward to using my 28-70mm f/2.8 full frame lens on it ... the lens is bigger and heavier than the MZ-50 itself ... hee hee

I want to have a go at film and see what it is like.