Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Virginia, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 515
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Sounds perfect.
Try loading the whole file on Dropbox or somesuch, you can set up a free account in minutes.
Would you happen to have a shot taken with this lens? Maybe my expectations are too high. Is there another method to nail focus with a MF lens?
Thank you,
Terry

06-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #32
Resident fiddler
Loyal Site Supporter
LensBeginner's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,506
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Would you happen to have a shot taken with this lens? Maybe my expectations are too high. Is there another method to nail focus with a MF lens?
Thank you,
Terry
No, I don't.
I routinely use the Sigma 10-20mm in MF on APS-C, and its FoV when at the minimum focal length is the same as a 15mm lens on FF.
I rarely use hyperfocal since my copy has a weak-ish right side, so I have to be nearly at infinity, but that's not a big deal to me.

The other method is simply to focus on the subject of the picture
06-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Virginia, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 515
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
No, I don't.
I routinely use the Sigma 10-20mm in MF on APS-C, and its FoV when at the minimum focal length is the same as a 15mm lens on FF.
I rarely use hyperfocal since my copy has a weak-ish right side, so I have to be nearly at infinity, but that's not a big deal to me.

The other method is simply to focus on the subject of the picture
Ok, I have it in my album now. Please give me your thoughts. I don't see a sharp place on the entire image. Thanks.
06-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #34
Resident fiddler
Loyal Site Supporter
LensBeginner's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,506
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Ok, I have it in my album now. Please give me your thoughts. I don't see a sharp place on the entire image. Thanks.
As I said with the other picture, it's impossible to say at the small resolution the forum gallery allows.
It looks ok at this small resolution, but it's kinda meaningless.

06-16-2018, 01:03 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Virginia, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 515
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
As I said with the other picture, it's impossible to say at the small resolution the forum gallery allows.
It looks ok at this small resolution, but it's kinda meaningless.
Ok. I understand.
Terry
06-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Virginia, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 515
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentageek Quote
Glad we were able to help I use only Irix UV/protection filter. I have not bought any filter system - it is big, cumbersome, and adds bulk to already large lens. Sorry, won't help you this time
pentageek,
Would you happen to have an image taken with the Irix 15? I am wanting to see something to compare mine to. Thank you.
Terry
06-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 314
Hi Terry

I'm sorry for the delay, I was offline for several days. Please find attached picture, I can provide more if you are looking for the specific subject.
Attached Images
 
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
15mm, bottom, bulk, click, f/11, filter, focus, indicator, infinity, infinity focus, irix, irix 15mm, issue, k-mount, lens, marker, pentax lens, scale, slr lens, spot, system, terry, top, upload, uwa, uwa lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax IRIX Blackstone 15mm for the price of the FireFly on IRIX USA Site (475$) Weevil Pentax Price Watch 7 11-25-2017 03:51 PM
Irix 15mm F2.4 for Pentax on Amazon! Patriot Pentax Price Watch 5 02-02-2017 01:45 PM
Irix 15mm F2.4 Now Available for Pentax biz-engineer Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 11-23-2016 03:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:16 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top