Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Sounds perfect.
Try loading the whole file on Dropbox or somesuch, you can set up a free account in minutes.
Would you happen to have a shot taken with this lens? Maybe my expectations are too high. Is there another method to nail focus with a MF lens?
Thank you,
Terry

06-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #32
Resident fiddler
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Would you happen to have a shot taken with this lens? Maybe my expectations are too high. Is there another method to nail focus with a MF lens?
Thank you,
Terry
No, I don't.
I routinely use the Sigma 10-20mm in MF on APS-C, and its FoV when at the minimum focal length is the same as a 15mm lens on FF.
I rarely use hyperfocal since my copy has a weak-ish right side, so I have to be nearly at infinity, but that's not a big deal to me.

The other method is simply to focus on the subject of the picture
06-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
No, I don't.
I routinely use the Sigma 10-20mm in MF on APS-C, and its FoV when at the minimum focal length is the same as a 15mm lens on FF.
I rarely use hyperfocal since my copy has a weak-ish right side, so I have to be nearly at infinity, but that's not a big deal to me.

The other method is simply to focus on the subject of the picture
Ok, I have it in my album now. Please give me your thoughts. I don't see a sharp place on the entire image. Thanks.
06-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #34
Resident fiddler
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Ok, I have it in my album now. Please give me your thoughts. I don't see a sharp place on the entire image. Thanks.
As I said with the other picture, it's impossible to say at the small resolution the forum gallery allows.
It looks ok at this small resolution, but it's kinda meaningless.

06-16-2018, 01:03 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
As I said with the other picture, it's impossible to say at the small resolution the forum gallery allows.
It looks ok at this small resolution, but it's kinda meaningless.
Ok. I understand.
Terry
06-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentageek Quote
Glad we were able to help I use only Irix UV/protection filter. I have not bought any filter system - it is big, cumbersome, and adds bulk to already large lens. Sorry, won't help you this time
pentageek,
Would you happen to have an image taken with the Irix 15? I am wanting to see something to compare mine to. Thank you.
Terry
06-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Terry

I'm sorry for the delay, I was offline for several days. Please find attached picture, I can provide more if you are looking for the specific subject.
Attached Images