Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #1

Aperture pin problem

Hi,

I recently got a good old VIVITAR 35-105mm/3.2-4 zoom (P/K-A) and I'm experimenting troubles with it.

As the mounting rail was too long to be used with a Pentax camera, I wanted to cut it a bit, as for Ricoh lenses. In order not to put metallic dust on the rear lens, I decided to remove the back of the zoom.

And the ... the third pin and spring jumped outr of the lens, and the little plate under the pin broke into three pieces.

Now, I only have the sping and the pin, and I can't get the "A" position work. I managed to use aluminum paper ang blue so that I could fix the pin again (and it cas move), but my K200D never get the aperture.

There's no resistor in that lens, only a sping, a pin, and a little metalltic square with "claws" (the one who was broken).

As anyone any idea in order to fix this ?

Where could I find schematics for this lens ?

Regards.

09-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the pin and spring need to connect to the base of the lens mount when in the A position.

you would need to look but there should be a contact that gets connected only when the apature ring is turned to the A position.

As all manufacturer's accomplish this differently it is hard to guess without photos of the internals of the mount what you need to do.