Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 53 Likes Search this Thread
10-04-2018, 07:39 AM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A bit late to the thread... But it wasn't easy. I've ended up buying most lenses I always dreamed about.

But here's a few (not one unfortunately) that I wanted at a certain point, but never ended up getting (I might still though... ;-))
- Lensbaby: several of their subsequent offerings. I always decided not to because they are too much of a specialty effect lens. There was always something more practical to spend my budget on.
- Q system: the standard zoom (02). I got the 01 with my Q, and I regularly found myself wanting to have some zoom. In the end I always found an alternative composition and was happy about the result. the few times that I decided to bite the bullet, either I couldn't find one available at a reasonable price, or (when in Japan recently) had to make spending choices (again) that preferred another product (the DFA100/2.8).
- Some of the Laowa macros: I got the 60mm and like it but don't use it much because it's very specialized. I would like the 15/4 macro/shift, and the 25/2.8 2.5-5x and 24mm probe are very tempting as well. But I have so many lenses around 15/16mm (couldn't justify taking both the Samyang 16/2 that I love!! and this one along) and the other two are just so specialized (again).
- Irix: all of their lenses are tempting, but too much double with my existing kit...

Need I go on? Thing is, I used to suffer serious LBA, and I'm currently still in the phase that I need to fight the urge constantly... But I'm doing good arent' I? ;-)

Wim

10-04-2018, 11:17 AM   #107
Pentaxian

I've almost bought the Samyang 135 f2 a few times, but I always ended finding decent deals on something else like my FA 43 or my Samyang 14mm. I will be getting it some day though... maybe.
10-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #108
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
FA 31mm f1.8. Still would like one, but they are too damn pricy: €900 used in Europe. Got me a DA 35mm f2.8 instead