Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2018, 03:47 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Flashes are outside the scope, but third-party lenses are not. We'll be adding more and more third-party lenses as time goes on.

However, a dedicated flash compatibility tool might be a nice addition on its own.

All first-party M42 lenses are in there.
I was thinking the flash modes the camera will support with a given lens attached, or is it because only the *istD series that support dual modes TTL and P-TTL that there is not really any more relevance

11-03-2018, 01:46 PM   #62
Pentaxian

What about entries for compatibility of AF lenses on AF film cameras?
Like the 40mm XS on MZ-3?
SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS lens - compatible with MZ-3? - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by angerdan; 11-03-2018 at 02:05 PM.
11-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #63
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
What about entries for compatibility of AF lenses on AF film cameras?
Like the 40mm XS on MZ-3?
SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS lens - compatible with MZ-3? - PentaxForums.com
I think we'll indeed do that in the future.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #64

Oddly, when I tried to search for the DA* 300 by just typing in 300, I got a lot of other 300s but not the DA*. I did find it buy typing in DA* - and there it was. Something going on with the wildcard searching?

11-29-2018, 01:48 PM   #65
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcsnyc Quote
Oddly, when I tried to search for the DA* 300 by just typing in 300, I got a lot of other 300s but not the DA*. I did find it buy typing in DA* - and there it was. Something going on with the wildcard searching?
It shows the shortest matches first, so since there are so many, you'd have to specify the series. (DA 300 or DA* for instance)

I think I will add a scrollbar to the suggested results later on, for the sake of completeness.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2018, 02:02 PM   #66

I think I will add a scrollbar to the suggested results later on, for the sake of completeness.
Great idea - FYI - the tool is very helpful!
11-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #67
Pentaxian

Scrollbar works - and the DA* 300mm is the 4th entry

Attached Images

12-16-2018, 08:36 AM   #68
Forum Member

That is a great tool. It really helps me to chose old lenses.

I see converter lenses are missing there, they are in lense database, is there any way you can add converters to compatability tool too please?

I am looking at some old Pentax converters and not sure how they will fit? I understand it is a big change because presumably that must be 3 way check here:

1. camera
2. Does converter fits the camera
3. Does lens fits converter
12-16-2018, 09:53 AM   #69
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfie665 Quote
That is a great tool. It really helps me to chose old lenses.

I see converter lenses are missing there, they are in lense database, is there any way you can add converters to compatability tool too please?

I am looking at some old Pentax converters and not sure how they will fit? I understand it is a big change because presumably that must be 3 way check here:

1. camera
3. Does lens fits converter
I'll give this some thought. It can indeed get a bit tricky because the dependency oftentimes involves both the camera and lens, as you mentioned.

Adam

12-16-2018, 11:47 AM - 1 Like   #70
Forum Member

I'll give this some thought. It can indeed get a bit tricky because the dependency oftentimes involves both the camera and lens, as you mentioned.
Thank you Adam you have done superb work with the existing one! Really appreciate your work here

Maybe if we can have that in small step like first to have implemented:

1. camera

With a disclaimer to check converter to lens compatability manually at first.
08-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #71

Lens

Good afternoon, can anyone tell if the Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-Eye ED [IF] Lens works on an analog pentax camera (35mm film)? More precisely on the Pentax MZ-S camera.
08-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #72
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Breno Teixeira Quote
Good afternoon, can anyone tell if the Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-Eye ED [IF] Lens works on an analog pentax camera (35mm film)? More precisely on the Pentax MZ-S camera.
It will work in P or TV mode (i.e. the aperture can't be set manually) and it won't fully cover the frame due to the lens's restrictive hood. Autofocus will work, or you can focus the lens manually.

Adam

10-29-2019, 02:48 PM   #73
Pentaxian

Thanks for the helpful tool!
12-10-2019, 08:09 PM   #74
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Nice idea, and execution is excellent.
08-01-2021, 02:31 PM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is this still BETA?