Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2018, 03:07 PM   #31

Wont work with my samsung notd 5.

06-19-2018, 01:25 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This works great. The level of information given is just right.

If possible it would also be great if this also could be expanded into an "incompatibility" search function where you only enter one camera or one lens and you get information of what incompatible lenses there are for that camera or what incompatible cameras there are for that lens.
06-19-2018, 04:44 AM   #33

Photos: Gallery
Very good
06-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #34

I tried the 645, 645N, & 645Nii and it appears that they are missing. I tried again with K20D and the new 70 - 200mm lens and it was a success. This is a great tool. Thanks for your time and effort. I hope Pentax purchases or better than that brings your idea in with royalties coming your way. Good luck!

06-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is a nice tool, congratulations to this Pentax forum.

Last edited by Crooski; 06-19-2018 at 12:07 PM. Reason: typing error
06-19-2018, 05:52 PM - 2 Likes   #36
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chevyt1963 Quote
I tried the 645, 645N, & 645Nii and it appears that they are missing. I tried again with K20D and the new 70 - 200mm lens and it was a success. This is a great tool. Thanks for your time and effort. I hope Pentax purchases or better than that brings your idea in with royalties coming your way. Good luck!
Only digital is supported at the moment.

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
If possible it would also be great if this also could be expanded into an "incompatibility" search function where you only enter one camera or one lens and you get information of what incompatible lenses there are for that camera or what incompatible cameras there are for that lens.

Very cool idea. I think I'll add a page with this info

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-20-2018, 12:39 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Very useful tool! Great idea.

06-20-2018, 01:42 AM   #38

K-01 not "valid"

It seems that the K-01, being discontinued like so many, is not on the list. Every search came back "invalid".
06-20-2018, 02:30 AM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barefootdesigns Quote
It seems that the K-01, being discontinued like so many, is not on the list. Every search came back "invalid".
I can find it no problem in the lens compatibility tool... input "Pentax K-01", or start with "K-0"... and as soon as it appears select it from the drop-down.
06-20-2018, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I can find it no problem in the lens compatibility tool... input "Pentax K-01", or start with "K-0"... and as soon as it appears select it from the drop-down.
Yeah. It works now. I got a different looking page this time that then flipped back to the original one which did work. Go figure.
06-20-2018, 06:51 AM   #41
Veteran Member

I would love to see something with film bodies as well.
06-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I tried this out on several lenses, including some old A film lenses and found the information to be accurate. One suggestion, can the camera section remain static so that one could more easily check out several lenses with the same body? This is minor item and I found the checking to be easy and worthwhile.
06-20-2018, 12:25 PM   #43
Pentaxian

Wonderful, thanks for making pentaxforums even better.
06-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #44
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Yoda boy Quote
I tried this out on several lenses, including some old A film lenses and found the information to be accurate. One suggestion, can the camera section remain static so that one could more easily check out several lenses with the same body? This is minor item and I found the checking to be easy and worthwhile.
This should already be the case- when you check one combination, the camera and lens fields remain filled in, so you can change one without changing the other to speed things up. Just don't click the back button

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-20-2018, 11:35 PM   #45
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I've added a list to the main page:
Check Lens Compatibility with Your Pentax Camera

Trying to be as conservative as possible with the summary, only pointing out lenses that you definitely wouldn't want to get specifically for that body.

Adam