Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Maybe I shouldn't even have replied, since I am not trying to knock FA50 1.4 performance. Just sort of refuting the statement that it was unnoticeable.

09-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member

i think you misinterpreted the original statement

ofcourse the 50 is sharper at 4~5.6 than 1.4, but its still sharp at 1.4 compared to other lenses, in the pentax lineup (or other manufacturers), if not even better.

not to mention the compounded effect of having no DOF, when such simple little things as tilting your camera 5-10 degrees or shooting something thats not quite parallel will result in what seems to be a soft image.

the end result is that collectivly its hard to interpret the ability of any lens below F2.0

AND

you dont shoot brick walls @ F1.4, thats not why its there!
09-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Yeah, I agree. I have tons of great, sharp photos at 1.4. Removed my pointless images on the previous page.
09-16-2008, 07:08 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
i think you misinterpreted the original statement

ofcourse the 50 is sharper at 4~5.6 than 1.4, but its still sharp at 1.4 compared to other lenses, in the pentax lineup (or other manufacturers), if not even better.

not to mention the compounded effect of having no DOF, when such simple little things as tilting your camera 5-10 degrees or shooting something thats not quite parallel will result in what seems to be a soft image.

the end result is that collectivly its hard to interpret the ability of any lens below F2.0

AND

you dont shoot brick walls @ F1.4, thats not why its there!
This is exactly what I was talking about.