Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2018, 03:31 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Try unscrewing the whole barrel, everything in front of the focus ring. The Auto-Takumar 55/1.8 works like that.
The Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5 is not built the same way as the Pentax 55mm f/1.8 lenses.

07-22-2018, 03:48 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think the infinity issue is the answer on your Takumar.

On your WEP, have you given it the flashlight test? I had a lens that ghosted like mad but looked fine. If you shone a flashlight through it and looked at it a little sideways, there were tons of little dots of oil that had evaporated from the interior of the lens and redeposited on an interior element. A former forum member cleaned it out and the ghosting is gone.

-Eric
07-22-2018, 04:46 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I think the infinity issue is the answer on your Takumar.

On your WEP, have you given it the flashlight test? I had a lens that ghosted like mad but looked fine. If you shone a flashlight through it and looked at it a little sideways, there were tons of little dots of oil that had evaporated from the interior of the lens and redeposited on an interior element. A former forum member cleaned it out and the ghosting is gone.

-Eric
Just tried that and it's as clean as a whistle.
I got it dirt cheap NOS from a shop that closed and the owner had a whole warehouse full of old stuff so no big loss. There's not much info on it around but mine certainly does not live up to it's rating here. It's fine during daytime but at night it's fairly "useless" - I mean, artistic .

(click to enlarge)

Flare mixed with purple fringing around highlights. I've got another photo somewhere where every streetlamp is effectively duplicated in ghosting/flare.
But it's nice for portraits as the highlights are no issue at all when out of focus.
07-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
After lots of persuasion and with some MEK involved I got the name-ring to unscrew.

Thanks everyone and especially Digitalis for providing the 'interior' photos!