Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 40 Likes Search this Thread
07-23-2018, 10:14 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The link is probably one of the most exhaustive pieces of information for any lens anywhere
That dedicated Pentax site is very nice. The dedicated site for the K1 and K1 II is also nice. Although those site have a major drawback: they are like small islands with nothing that drives traffic to them, unless someone already knows Pentax, it is very unlikely that anyone will visit the Pentax dedicated sites. I bet there is more traffic on Pentaxforums and related site then traffic through one of the Pentax dedicated sites.

07-25-2018, 06:39 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
That dedicated Pentax site is very nice. The dedicated site for the K1 and K1 II is also nice. Although those site have a major drawback: they are like small islands with nothing that drives traffic to them, unless someone already knows Pentax, it is very unlikely that anyone will visit the Pentax dedicated sites. I bet there is more traffic on Pentaxforums and related site then traffic through one of the Pentax dedicated sites.
The D FA 50/1.4 is STILL not showing on the Pentax Canada website.
08-02-2018, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Do you ever have something positive to say?

The lens isn’t really in very many hands yet. Most places will ship Monday. I expect mine Wednesday. I expect to have a set of photos up by next weekend. Will that be fast enough?
Now something positive

My D-FA 50 has arrived and I can build my own opinion now. It is my first Pentax lens that convinces me ALL THE WAY from the first minute on. AF is snappy at last, sharpness wide open, bokeh: great. Weather sealing. Weight is not an issue if you are used to K1. Still waiting for the 85mm version, but the current 50mm makes the wait fun.
08-02-2018, 06:27 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Now something positive

My D-FA 50 has arrived and I can build my own opinion now. It is my first Pentax lens that convinces me ALL THE WAY from the first minute on. AF is snappy at last, sharpness wide open, bokeh: great. Weather sealing. Weight is not an issue if you are used to K1. Still waiting for the 85mm version, but the current 50mm makes the wait fun.
That is excellent news.

08-02-2018, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The DFA* series is going to be a game-changer.
Only two lenses so far, but they both knock it out of the park. I can't wait for the next one. I hope it's the 35, then it will bye bye Sigma Art.
Holy Cow, the 50 is some lens!
08-02-2018, 06:36 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The DFA* series is going to be a game-changer.
Only two lenses so far, but they both knock it out of the park. I can't wait for the next one. I hope it's the 35, then it will bye bye Sigma Art.
Holy Cow, the 50 is some lens!
Your opinion is one I value. I wonder if you could put some comparisons in words for the DA* 50-135 vs DFA * 70-200 and DA* 55 vs DFA* 50. Is this mainly about focus improvements and crop vs full frame? I get the impression it is more than this from you.
01-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Although those site have a major drawback: they are like small islands with nothing that drives traffic to them, unless someone already knows Pentax, it is very unlikely that anyone will visit the Pentax dedicated sites.
I bet there is more traffic on Pentaxforums and related site then traffic through one of the Pentax dedicated sites.
That's why there's a link on the wikipedia page for the D FA* 50mm:
Pentax D FA* 50mm lens - Wikipedia