Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
07-25-2018, 12:23 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I’ve found my copy to be useful on both APS-C and 35FF bodies, although vignetting can sometimes be an issue on the latter. That said, I’ve shot some land/seascapes with it that are among my best work. It’s fully worthy of its Limited name, I think.

This is a personal favourite of mine, shot on my K-3, and posted here previously (cropped top and bottom for effect):

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 07-25-2018 at 03:14 PM.
07-25-2018, 01:32 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I’ve found my copy to be useful on both APS-C and 35FF bodies, although vignetting can sometimes be an issue on the latter. That said, I’ve shot some land/seascapes with it that are among my best work. It’s fully worthy of its Limited name, I think.

This is a personal favourite of mine, shot on my K-3, and posted here previously (cropped top and bottom for effect):
That's a beaut of a shot Rob, have you got it anywhere else for better inspection? I can tell even from here that there is quite a bit of detail captured.

I think landscape work is harder than most give credit. I think most people just think you point and shoot, but then if it was that easy then we'd all have masterpieces. How can (for example) there be such massive deviance in landscape work with the same lens and same camera (but of course different people behind the settings). Here you prove competently that 'DA35 Magic' that I think many rave about.
07-25-2018, 03:18 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
That's a beaut of a shot Rob, have you got it anywhere else for better inspection? I can tell even from here that there is quite a bit of detail captured.

I think landscape work is harder than most give credit. I think most people just think you point and shoot, but then if it was that easy then we'd all have masterpieces. How can (for example) there be such massive deviance in landscape work with the same lens and same camera (but of course different people behind the settings). Here you prove competently that 'DA35 Magic' that I think many rave about.
I’ve linked the Flickr file now, so you can see a bit more. If you need more detail, I can find the original and up the size.
07-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I’ve linked the Flickr file now, so you can see a bit more. If you need more detail, I can find the original and up the size.
No that's fine, resolution is great

07-25-2018, 06:13 PM - 2 Likes   #20
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I absolutely love my HD DA35 Ltd.... it's a stunner of a lens and a great all-around utility lens

here's my flickr folder of shots:

HD DA 35mm f2.8 Macro Limited | Flickr
07-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I absolutely love my HD DA35 Ltd.... it's a stunner of a lens and a great all-around utility lens

here's my flickr folder of shots:

HD DA 35mm f2.8 Macro Limited | Flickr
Great album and pics, and fantastic to see such a variety from ONE lens.
07-25-2018, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #22
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I blame Pepperberry Farm and his photos for my being convinced I needed a 35mm Macro Limited

but I went for the SMC coating

07-25-2018, 07:02 PM   #23
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Great album and pics, and fantastic to see such a variety from ONE lens.

thank you - it is a hugely-versatile lens...
07-26-2018, 04:11 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster

Minimal processing done here, zero sharpening, zero clarity boosting, just some exposure tweaking and vignetting.
Pentax KP, 1/20th, f2.8, ISO 400
07-26-2018, 05:01 AM   #25
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
I blame Pepperberry Farm and his photos for my being convinced I needed a 35mm Macro Limited

but I went for the SMC coating

you're welcome... the HD version that I bought was the same price as the SMC version I had been stalking, so couldn't pass it up...