Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 49 Likes Search this Thread
08-10-2018, 02:07 PM - 5 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by longbow Quote
I just want to try them all !!.....can be a problem when you're debt free and have a good paying job. But fortunately have a small house, so finding room is starting to be the limiting factor
LBA is easily manageable. I have been content to have owned many lenses, each for a short while. For many years my philosophy has been ‘Buy - Try - Sell’ so that Lens Buying Addiction should not be a problem.

Unfortunately I suffer from Lens Selling Aversion.

08-10-2018, 02:31 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Seems to be a common affliction
08-10-2018, 04:08 PM - 3 Likes   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'm in the same boat. Not that I don't have lenses that could/should be sold; legitimate duplicates and under performers
that I will never use. It's more about the hassle and bother of photographing, listing and describing in detail a 50/2 that
will net me $18. Meh. Perhaps someday when I'm very old and have run out of everything else to do.
08-10-2018, 05:00 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I'm in the same boat. Not that I don't have lenses that could/should be sold; legitimate duplicates and under performers
that I will never use. It's more about the hassle and bother of photographing, listing and describing in detail a 50/2 that
will net me $18. Meh. Perhaps someday when I'm very old and have run out of everything else to do.
And I add the time spent packing the lens, driving to the post office, parking (incredibly, where I live the post office is in a place where it's almost impossible to park), waiting in the queue, filling paperwork...
Forget it.

08-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-1 would do those lenses justice. A lot of my old and unsued lenses are enjoying a new life with my K-1.
08-11-2018, 12:07 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

I'm sorry, but I didn't make it past this line in your original post.

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
...I now own pretty much everything there is and should not even look at buying any more lenses. ...
My response to you is, horsepuckey! Buy more lenses. The lenses themselves are pieces of art. Buy them... Keep them... Feed them... Don't get them wet... Take great care of them... Love them.
08-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Oh, god, this is just scratching the surface. The rabbit hole is deep…

08-12-2018, 11:05 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by torashi Quote
Oh, god, this is just scratching the surface. The rabbit hole is deep…
Yes it is. I tried, and failed, not to purchase a lens today at an antique fair. Walked away with a Vivitar (komine) Auto Telephoto 135mm f2.8 (M42 Mount) in excellent condition for $5. Did I need it??? Absolutely not. But at that price.... how could I say no.
08-12-2018, 11:29 PM   #24
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well you could always move to Australia 's country side we theres no 2nd hand stores,markets selling camera gear or....anything.

Come on you can do it

Dave

ps please bring your lenses so we can see what they are
08-13-2018, 01:50 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the words of encouragement. It is comforting to hear that my lens-a-month habit (averaged over this year, hehehe) is under control.

At the moment there just too many things on my radar. A nifty fifty, a couple of flashes, another Samsung body, filters, strobist gear. The list is endless, all of them just a mouse click away.

I have been mulling the idea of a KP versus a K-1. The K-1 get better looking by the day, the more I think about,

There is still a vast hole in my modest collection to be filed on the ultra wide side. Something like a used Sigma 10-20mm would scratch that itch. Or an Irix 11mm prime. On the other hand, getting a K-1 will restore my trusty M 20mm to its original ultra wide status. Maybe next year. For now, my Samsung 16-50mm wil just have to do.

I will be keeping a look out for a Pentax A 35mm to supplement the Tak 35mm bokeh monster.
08-13-2018, 01:55 AM   #26
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Another problem is how to store and transport the collection. . . . It used to be that I could keep (almost) all of my gear in one bag. When it was time to go somewhere, I could just grab the bag. ..
I can get all of my camera bodies and lenses in one back pack, well, not counting the non Pentax cameras and various flashes

[ see my profile for details ]

problem is, my son lives in Omaha Nebraska and I live in Topeka Kansas

so I have to carry the back pack

that can be a problem

it's heavy when fully loaded

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-13-2018 at 02:06 AM.
08-13-2018, 02:01 AM   #27
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
Don't feel bad. I just bought a new to me lens today. Because apparently I needed 2 300mm f/4 lenses in good condition. At least I can say this one isn't 50 years old.
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
. . . needed three 300mm f4's . . .
obvious lack of planning

the only lenses I have that are the same focal length are the SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS [ the best lens in its class ] and the SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited

much easier to carry both of them than your multiples
08-13-2018, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter

Perhaps I should stop buying lenses for a while...
Perhaps you should be kicked off the island......
08-13-2018, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by david94903 Quote
But at that price.... how could I say no.
Sandwich rule...
08-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #30
T T

not sure if this is the right place to ask, but was there any old Pentax film lenses, especially the F and FA series which was made in China?