Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #1

Lens no longer useable?

I have a pair of *IST DLs. I've been using my Albinar 80-200 lens with these two bodies noting that it is a manual lens. It's worked very well. Both cameras were on version 1.00 firmware. A few nights ago I upgraded the firmware to 1.03 (the latest version) and now find that neither body will trigger the shutters in any mode. I can fire the shutters without a lens or with any of my other lenses but they are all A lenses. Is this odd or is this normal?

08-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
try this

Using Manual Lenses (M42 Screwmount, M , K) on Pentax DSLRs F-- - PentaxForums.com
08-22-2018, 08:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
Sergy, thanks for that. The one body was set at 2 (to fire if not set to A) but will not fire for whatever reason. The second body was set to 1. When I set it to 2 it fires as it should. Both bodies worked with the lens before the update to 1.03. Ah well, the second body is the better one anyway.
08-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Have you set the focus switch to manual focus?

If you have the camera set to AF, the shutter can only triggered once the camera confirms focus (when green hexagon lights up in ovf).

08-23-2018, 05:57 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Have you set the focus switch to manual focus?

If you have the camera set to AF, the shutter can only triggered once the camera confirms focus (when green hexagon lights up in ovf).
Yes, I double checked because you asked. The body doesn't fire with any MF lenses; neither full manual or A lenses. It does fire with AF lenses though. It also fires without any lens on at all.