Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-24-2018, 03:55 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I removed the springs from my generic adapters. I’ve never had an issue with anything coming loose. There are members that put a dab of locktite to keep the adapter on the lens, I would, but I also shoot with a Spotmatic.

08-24-2018, 06:39 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
I removed the springs from my generic adapters. I’ve never had an issue with anything coming loose. There are members that put a dab of locktite to keep the adapter on the lens, I would, but I also shoot with a Spotmatic.
I would recommend Purple Loctite:
Auto Maintenance and More: When and Why to Use Purple Threadlocker - Henkel Adhesive Technologies Blog

And a cheap adapter with the spring removed as you say.
08-24-2018, 11:39 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jbookie Quote
Yeah, that'll be a little annoying, but workable. Would be much more annoying if I was taking more than one tak with other k mount lenses though. If I find a decent looking 28mm K-mount in NYC I'll grab one, I imagine it won't be hard to find. I live in Edmonton, Canada, and pickings for old/second-hand lenses are slim unless you get lucky on craiglist/kijiji. Will be nice to have a look in proper camera shops in much bigger cities!
The more common Pentax 28mm lenses are generally not very good - M 28/2.8 (both versions) & M 28/3.5. Look for a K series 28mm f/3.5 or A series 28mm f/2.8 (but stop it down to f/4 for good sharpness). Neither of these will be as cheap as the Ms but they are significantly better.
08-25-2018, 03:33 AM   #19
Pentaxian

When I took my S1a to Toronto last year, I was in an agony of indecision. I took my 28/3.5 SMC, 35/3.5 Super and 55/2 Super Taks with me. The 35 fell into a vague in-between limbo, the 55 seemed too tight but the faster aperture was better indoors, and the 28 won the day and took some of my better shots on that trip. There was never an occasion when I wanted for the 135 I'd left at home. Obviously where you're going is not Toronto, but if you're going to be spending most of your time among the large buildings you'll want wider angles.