Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2020, 09:11 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I now habitually depress the lens release button in when attaching a lens
Yeah I started to do this basically after my first lens change. Coming from the Minolta Alpha mount back then the Pentax mount felt a lot less smooth to engage lenses on to.

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Another possible cause is rough edges somewhere on the camera's lens mount
Unfortunately I had this problem on at least 2 different camera bodies that I can remember. And hadn't discovered the wonderful world of m42 yet..

11-14-2020, 04:19 PM   #32
sjp

Photos: Albums

Hi angerdan,

Just noticed your question. Yes, I have converted both 1.8/50 and 2.4/35 from plastic to metal mounts (No problems with the original mounts of any kind. I just don't like plastic bayonets, but like these two lenses a lot, so it was worth the effort for me.) The steps required to complete the conversion are basically the same for both DA lenses. The most important thing is finding the right donor lens. The plastic bezels on some of F/FA lenses are too small to fit the DA lenses.

sjp

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
35mm, da, da 35mm, donor, k-mount, lens, matter, metal, metal mount conversion, mount, pentax lens, plastic, plastic wonder, post, quality, quality lens, reviews, slr lens