Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 10:07 PM   #16
Pentaxian

And does this now come in the new Nikon Z mount ?

08-31-2018, 11:41 PM   #17
Pentaxian

I think they'll have to update it as Tamron won't continue to produce the older version just for Pentax's benefit.
08-31-2018, 11:56 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
And does this now come in the new Nikon Z mount ?
And does this also come for the new canon mirrorless mount? EF mount adapter is huge...
09-01-2018, 12:11 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As for today-no. Only classic Canon and Nikon mounts.

09-02-2018, 12:37 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax still hasn't released lenses it has already announced for awhile now so I would so no they will not come out with a new 15-30. Maybe when Tamron comes out with a Mark III version they'll do it, which is too bad, cause some of the new features of the Tamron are kinda nice. The Canon mount version comes with " Rear filter holder:
The Model A041 made for use on Canon (EF-mount) cameras comes with a filter holder as a standard feature that lets you insert gelatin and other sheet filters into the rear side of the lens. This makes photography using filters much easier and simpler by overcoming the problem of the curvature of the front lens elements that made shooting with filters so difficult in the past."

Last edited by Dr_who; 09-02-2018 at 12:43 PM.
09-02-2018, 12:50 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
Pentax still hasn't released lenses it has already announced for awhile now so I would so no they will not come out with a new 15-30. Maybe when Tamron comes out with a Mark III version they'll do it, which is too bad, cause some of the new features of the Tamron are kinda nice. The Canon mount version comes with " Rear filter holder:
The Model A041 made for use on Canon (EF-mount) cameras comes with a filter holder as a standard feature that lets you insert gelatin and other sheet filters into the rear side of the lens. This makes photography using filters much easier and simpler by overcoming the problem of the curvature of the front lens elements that made shooting with filters so difficult in the past."
The rear filter holder is a very good idea. But I wonder why it is only for Canon? And I wonder about compromise of WR integrity. I am quite sure as time goes on, Tamron will incorporate other advancements of the lens as well into the Pentax version. Otherwise, they must run multiple assembly lines. As to coatings, the Pentax coatings are the best anyway.