Show Printable Version 34 Likes Search this Thread
09-15-2018, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #31
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
the 04 and 05 toy lenses make a massive hole in my lineup
I don't have them either. No use for them. Go and adapt some Pentaka 8 Zeiss glass. Or get couple of Kern Paillards.

09-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Time for a 645Z?
What? Another one??
09-15-2018, 06:06 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What? Another one??
Hhhmm. Perhaps not then.

Well, as they say, sometimes life's a b!

09-15-2018, 11:39 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
C'mon, sky is the limit!
My friend/repairman has almost every stereo camera ever made!
After consolidating my small format lenses collection (which means bring all of them to the same place) I realized that I should stop buying, and at least sell the duplicates.
Well, yesterday I bought two!
The terrible nun I had as a teacher at the time of elementary school would probably say: Paolo, you are incorrigible!
The news about my new acquisitions have been posted here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/99051-your-latest-acquis...ml#post4464639

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
My 43 is # 656, my 77 is #329; still on the lookout for a sub-1000 31 at a reasonable price. (my 31 is a MIJ black one in the 23,000's)
Well, at least there is one kind of perversion I'm not drawn to!
It's reassuring. Modern AF lenses never aroused this kind of appetite.
However I admit that Limiteds have their allure. Maybe because they aren't so "modern", they belong to the film era, after all...

EDIT
To all the friends who contacted me in private, to all the MF lenses buffs, and to all those who are concerned about their withering LBA
In March I will go back home and find my beloved pets all in one place. Many will go on display inside glass Ikea cabinets, and a few will finally be sold. At least duplicate vintage lenses and a couple of nice AF zooms. Plus some analog stuff, mainly medium and large format (and maybe Leicas).
I will post them for sale in the Marketplace a bit in advance, to have the time to find, pack and ship them before I leave again.
I want to have the time to propose them to forum users first, at the lower end of average Ebay's successful sales (auctions and BIN).
Some will be refundable.
What does not sell will go on sale on Ebay.
I have a sort of unconscious resistance to letting them go. Knowing that they will go in loving hands and not immediately resold for profit makes a huge psychological difference.
It is months from now, I know... but I'm open to requests to put a couple of optics on hold if I know that they will be cared for and appreciated.
I feel bad knowing that I have some equipment that will likely never see future use. Lenses and cameras are meant to have photons through them, not to lie in a drawer.
Of course everything will follow Forum rules. In fact, I'm not anticipating make/models/prices, just inviting friends to a flash sale of (mainly) lenses that will happen in six months (!) because I care about who will get them.

Last edited by cyberjunkie; 09-16-2018 at 01:19 AM.
09-16-2018, 01:25 AM   #35
Pentaxian

I realise this is heresy but you could start investing in another system. But of course it'll be complementary, eg M43 for 4k video. And you could get a k to m43 adapter.
09-16-2018, 03:01 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by officiousbystander Quote
I realise this is heresy but you could start investing in another system. But of course it'll be complementary, eg M43 for 4k video. And you could get a k to m43 adapter.
Luckily I don't care a tinker's cuss about video, and if I did I would learn how to do it well with the gear I have.
09-16-2018, 04:38 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
A challenge to find the lowest serial number set of the FA limiteds? That’s what I’m doing.
’00000’ on the left

,:

09-16-2018, 06:18 AM   #38
Pentaxian

I'm lost.

I now have 15-450mm covered by modern DFA zooms.
....and fast primes at 24, 35, 50, 85 and 135.
Add the Three Amigos - all MIJ and silver.

What am I supposed to do now? Go out and take photos??

The pain is real.
What, no fast 200mm prime? That is just no good. Start shopping for one and the pain will go away. You can thank me later.
09-16-2018, 11:36 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter

Luckily I don't care a tinker's cuss about video, and if I did I would learn how to do it well with the gear I have.
Ah a man after my own heart, a nice little FA 20mm might continue the primes perhaps
09-16-2018, 01:13 PM - 2 Likes   #40
Pentaxian

What am I supposed to do now?
Recommendation:. Start teaching classes. Label it " Photography for Beginners," but warp it into a sales pitch in efforts to spread your LBA like a slow infection. How gratifying to watch it spread!
09-16-2018, 03:02 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
What, no fast 200mm prime? That is just no good. Start shopping for one and the pain will go away. You can thank me later.
Been there. My current zoom is better at 200mm than the prime I used to have.
09-16-2018, 03:04 PM - 1 Like   #42
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Ah a man after my own heart, a nice little FA 20mm might continue the primes perhaps
Fear not - I already have one
09-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Time to start hunting down some exotics. There is the 200/4 Macro, 300/2.8, 250-600/5.6, 600/4 off the top of my head which will never be reproduced in K mount. Then there are a few interesting Cosina made jobbies such as the Voigtlander 125/2.5 or 180/4 and then maybe one or two interesting Zeiss (Cosina built again??) such as the Makro's 50/2 & 100/2 or perhaps the updated 25 in f/2 format.
09-16-2018, 03:37 PM - 2 Likes   #44
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Time to start hunting down some exotics.
As mentioned earlier, the FA*200 macro and K28/2.0 are the only ones which really interest me. For now

And eventually, I'd like to replace my Sigma Art 35 and Samyang Fisheye with Pentax glass to purify the stable's bloodline.
09-16-2018, 03:46 PM - 1 Like   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Cmon, you could pick up a Holywood tomorrow, and you might as well get a later Zeiss copy, the coatings will be better. Now the FA* Macro will require patience, guile, cunning and probably a trip to Japan in your case, that will be a worthy test of your LBA.