Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
What is cost of Zenitar? Thoughts?

I have heard a lot of talk of the Zenitar lens. It intrigues me (symptom #1 of LBA). I took a look at ebay for the lens (Symptom #2) and found one for $125 US. I am wondering if this is truly the best price, or is there a better, more reliable method of checking one out?

Or, if I am interested in playing with some fish eye work, is there something someone will say to sway my opinion?

Thanks.

Jeff

02-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't have one myself although I've seen plenty of samples and good reviews. The lens seems fairly sharp and your FOV will resemble 24mm on dSLR. As a fisheye lens, there is a fair amount of distortion so you'll find that your trees and other vertical subjects bent as they near the edge of the frame.

If you are planning to get one from ebay, people recommend buying from the user "zenitar"
02-27-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

If I remember correctly, I paid $125 about a year ago. It's an inexpensive, fun lens that if used carefully can get you some nice results. I like using it on a film body; love looking thru the viewfinder and getting the full field of view. I second the suggestion to buy from "zenitar" (Victor). A lot of people that frequent "the other forum" have bought from him and all seem to praise his quick shipping, etc.
If you get one, don't forget to attach the rear (clear) piece and watch out for the lens cap (falls off easily;lens can scratch because of the bulging front element). If you think that sighting Pentax users is rare, wait until some C or N user comes over to you when you have that lens on.
There is a very long thread on the other site regarding the use of this lens (written by Jonas?) that is virtually a textbook on using it.
02-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Jeff, I just pulled the trigger on this one for my birthday. I paid $125 for it but with shipping and all it came to $152. I looked for Victor, but all I could find was moscowphoto, so I bought it thru them. I'm not expecting problems, but I ordered and paid for it on Thursday evening, (thru pay pal) and have yet to receive confirmation from moscowphoto that they got my order. I've been terribly busy all weekend, but I think I ought to drop them a line.

NaCl(hope this isn't one of those infernal eek bay mixups)H2O

03-16-2007, 04:12 AM   #5
Inactive Account

manufacturer LZOS site

try this link

LZOS -> EShop -> Camera lenses

or

LZOS -> EShop -> Main

=====================
eBay is not the only fruit !