Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #31
Pentaxian
cardinal43's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,369
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
if you look at the russian version of the price list
you will see : Jupiter 9 MC = RUR 5400 = not in stock

now RUR 5400 = ~ 5400/25 = ~USD $215

When I look at the main page, where it shows a thumbnail of the camera, it says 125 USD. I did not actually go to a price list.

09-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #32
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,264
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
When I look at the main page, where it shows a thumbnail of the camera, it says 125 USD. I did not actually go to a price list.
The English version price list also shows $125 as does the English product description.

I may be best to contact LZOS for clarification before making any orders.

Steve
01-28-2009, 03:36 AM   #33
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
Don't buy with Rugift -official recomendation

Very serious Florida BBB (Start With Trust -- Start With BBB) recommends not to buy from Rugift (zenitar or peleng or watches don't buy from them...)
Contact them to have confirmation, Rugift is F rated, the worst that exists !


My own case :
Bought an objective on rugift.com in 2007 (Zenitar)
Never received it
Have been in contact with Natali also

After one year of endless discussion trying to report the fault on others and after long investigations with French posts, I managed to corner them and proove they had not sent anything (at least parcel never reached France).

They then stopped immediatly answering my email and I never get my lens or get paid back.

Read carefully other posts on the web, there are plenty other very wrong opinion on Rugift.

On my own I had read some bad comments before buying but there were also plenty of good ones. So I though, it won't happen to me, that's isolated cases.
It was not...

-> Remember a "mean" company can also post fake good feedbacks...

Dont' buy from them. Official authorities recommand not to do so.
Don't hesitate either to let other people know !
01-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #34
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,264
QuoteOriginally posted by stepheymard Quote
Very serious Florida BBB (Start With Trust -- Start With BBB) recommends not to buy from Rugift (zenitar or peleng or watches don't buy from them...)
Contact them to have confirmation, Rugift is F rated, the worst that exists !


My own case :
Bought an objective on rugift.com in 2007 (Zenitar)
Never received it
Have been in contact with Natali also

After one year of endless discussion trying to report the fault on others and after long investigations with French posts, I managed to corner them and proove they had not sent anything (at least parcel never reached France).

They then stopped immediatly answering my email and I never get my lens or get paid back.

Read carefully other posts on the web, there are plenty other very wrong opinion on Rugift.

On my own I had read some bad comments before buying but there were also plenty of good ones. So I though, it won't happen to me, that's isolated cases.
It was not...

-> Remember a "mean" company can also post fake good feedbacks...

Dont' buy from them. Official authorities recommand not to do so.
Don't hesitate either to let other people know !
Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum. I hope that flaming rugift was not your only reason for joining.

Rugift is a strange operation that is for sure (for a number of reasons). You did not indicate your method of payment. If it was credit card or PayPal, you should be able to get a refund.

According to the BBB, they have four complaints in the last 36 months. The interesting thing is that they list a TELEPHONE NUMBER for Rugift, (310) 933-5849!

Steve


Last edited by stevebrot; 01-28-2009 at 09:39 AM.
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #35
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,399
right now it shows $240 CDN on Kremlin Optics (toronto) website.

This reminds me of an old saying, if an offer looks too good to be true, it probably is.
01-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #36
Inactive Account




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 924
I've bought many russian lenses from a couple of ebay dealers. Asterlinks is one.
JUPITER 9 Black Lens for Pentax, Praktika, Zenit, M42 - eBay (item 360127078427 end time Feb-25-09 07:41:46 PST)

Another is Alex-photo when he has them in stock. They are both honest and reasonable.
01-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #37
Pentaxian
danielchtong's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
QuoteOriginally posted by wildlifephotog Quote
I've bought many russian lenses from a couple of ebay dealers. Asterlinks is one.
JUPITER 9 Black Lens for Pentax, Praktika, Zenit, M42 - eBay (item 360127078427 end time Feb-25-09 07:41:46 PST)

Another is Alex-photo when he has them in stock. They are both honest and reasonable.
I bought my Zen 16mm from Victor of ebay after reading through all dpreview suggestion. I believe he hardly appear in ebay nowadays. I never had one complaint at least from all buyers writing to dpreview,

I count myself a happy user


Daniel
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
email, k-mount, lens, lenses, money, pentax lens, price, rugift, slr lens, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's dirty? Javaslinger Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 17 07-19-2010 11:48 AM
People Dirty Toes VaughnA Post Your Photos! 2 07-06-2010 12:49 PM
Dirty Sensor Or Dirty Lens? Orli Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 8 10-26-2009 03:35 AM
Dirty Taff Post Your Photos! 8 04-27-2009 06:41 AM
something dirty, somewhere? FHPhotographer Pentax DSLR Discussion 7 03-10-2009 08:28 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:30 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top