Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2008, 11:33 PM   #1

Old Olympus glass on a K100d Super

Hello, Is it possible to buy an adapter ring to use Olympus glass on a K100d Super? I loved my old Om2n and have some nice lens. Question 2: Is it possible to use those lens in Manual on the digital Pentax.

09-23-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
Forum Member

alas I have the same problem but my understanding is that technically it is not possible if you want infinity focus - have a look here for registration distances and stuff:
Photoethnography.com - Classic Cameras

Even if you are willing to forgo infinity focus I dont think anyone makes an adaptor anyhow (certainly I couldnt find one)

this was one reason the Olympus E520 nearly got my vote (as 4/3 adaptors can take all sorts of lenses). But there are some great K mount and M42 lenses out there - you might be amazed at the prices some people are willing to pay for Olympus kit on ebay then you have the fun of tracking down some new glass to play with . . .

one of the thoughts I have been exploring is getting some cheapish Contax/Yashica glass and adapting to Pentax, this is worth a read if you havent found it already:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/11101-manual-l...y-options.html
09-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
tarponn,
I have converted a few Zuiko and third party OM lenses to K-mount. I love my 24/2.8 and 50/1.8 on my K100D super. Here is my thread for the Zuiko Club.

Dave

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/34323-zuiko-lens-club.html

QuoteOriginally posted by tarponn22 Quote
Hello, Is it possible to buy an adapter ring to use Olympus glass on a K100d Super? I loved my old Om2n and have some nice lens. Question 2: Is it possible to use those lens in Manual on the digital Pentax.