Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
10-26-2018, 06:30 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Cheers to you Bruce!
Some clarification for those that don't speak CANADIAN Des the "e" is silent on Bruce and its pronounced Honey "Booh" "Booh" not "Boooo" "Booo". It all has to do with disguising my identity and confuse those nasty Russian Hackers and others so they can't touch my privates. I often use disguises as well on these Social Sites.

Last edited by honey bo bo; 12-04-2018 at 03:34 PM.
10-26-2018, 10:34 PM   #17
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by honey bo bo Quote
Some clarification for those that don't speak CANADIAN Des the "e" is silent on Bruce and its pronounced Honey "Booh" "Booh" not "Boooo" "Booo". It all has to do with disguising my identity and confuse those nasty Russian Hackers and others so they can't touch my privates. I often use disguises as well on these Social Sites.
I think the disguises need a little more work. ;-)
11-28-2018, 12:30 PM   #18
scc
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello,
I own a 1.4x HD PENTAX-DA AF Rear Converter AW and I got the chance to purchase a SMC Pentax A* 300 mm f/2.8 ED [IF] in outstanding good conditions. I will receive it next week. Could anyone tell me whether the rear converter will work with this lens on my APSC body? I refer to image quality only.
Thanks
11-28-2018, 12:38 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scc Quote
Hello,
I own a 1.4x HD PENTAX-DA AF Rear Converter AW and I got the chance to purchase a SMC Pentax A* 300 mm f/2.8 ED [IF] in outstanding good conditions. I will receive it next week. Could anyone tell me whether the rear converter will work with this lens on my APSC body? I refer to image quality only.
Thanks
My guess based on my work with my Tamron SP AF 300 2.8 LD [IF] is it will work great, but what you want is the F 1.7x AF Adapter, that will give you limited auto-focus with it.

11-28-2018, 01:06 PM   #20
scc
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My guess based on my work with my Tamron SP AF 300 2.8 LD [IF] is it will work great, but what you want is the F 1.7x AF Adapter, that will give you limited auto-focus with it.
Thanks, this converter seems indeed interesting for a possible future purchase. Meanwhile, since the 300 mm has considerably reduced my budget I will give a try first with the DA converter.
If anyone has sample pictures with the DA rear converter and a A* prime telephoto lens, please could he share them?
11-28-2018, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I tried it with a 300 takumar and was impressed. Didn't keep the test shots.

edit heres a quick test with the 300 tak at 5.6 on tripod live
view as best I could. Will leave up a few days.this is about 80 yards away.
Click for larger view

Last edited by swanlefitte; 11-28-2018 at 02:19 PM.
12-02-2018, 08:18 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A*400 with the 1.4X

QuoteOriginally posted by scc Quote
Thanks, this converter seems indeed interesting for a possible future purchase. Meanwhile, since the 300 mm has considerably reduced my budget I will give a try first with the DA converter.
If anyone has sample pictures with the DA rear converter and a A* prime telephoto lens, please could he share them?
The 1.4x works very well with my lens, time to wash my front door window I see. I also use it with my HD DA 55-300 (not a plm) with good results. Like Norm said, I normally keep the AF 1.7 on my A*400.....but like you mentioned , I have the 1.4 for future lens upgrades.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo