Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Inactive Account

A Big Hoo-Haa To All Those Posting Pics In The Various Club Threads!!

Although I am not able to participate in photography at the present time, I would like to extend my thanks to all of the men & women that are posting such high-quality images in each of the many "Club" threads extolling the various Pentax & Third Party lenses..

At least 50% of all the images that I have viewed since these "Club" threads were started rate at the very least far "Above Average"

Many of these images are simply outstanding..

It is a tribute to the photographic skills of all the photographers posting that so many stunning photos are available to be viewed on the Pentax SLR Lens Discussion forum..

If there was ever any doubt that it is the photographer & not the equipment that matters most; than these "Club" threads should put to rest any & all arguments along those lines..

When you see some of the gorgeous images that are being wrested out of mundane, supposedly second & third-tier m42 & K-mount lenses from companies such as Hannimex, Sears, ProMaster, Soilgor, & others; it becomes quite obvious that there are very few living photographers that are able to extract everything possible out of an older lens, much less a modern lens..

Anyway, I would again like to thank all of those photographers that have taken the time to post their work for making the past several months so very enjoyable..

Bruce

09-25-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
...and we all thank you for the compliments!

The various clubs are a lot of fun. I started the "Off-Brand Club" with the intent of demonstrating that good work can be done without chasing after the perfect name-brand lens. Glad to hear that you have enjoyed the results.

Steve
09-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, these threads are great!

Maybe we should have a separate forum just for them... we could call it "Post your photos!"

09-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Thanks for the thread and your comments.
I'm sure that everyone involved will be happy that they are providing you with some viewing pleasure.

09-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sewebster Quote
Yes, these threads are great!

Maybe we should have a separate forum just for them... we could call it "Post your photos!"

Actually, I did torment myself for a few moments about where to put such a thread before I'd hit post on the 'Voigtlander LBA' thread. In the end, I felt images posted in context to a certain lens were generally to be regarded as information or demonstrations, rather than something to be considered on its artistic merits alone.

Definately a fan of those threads thus - I too was surprised and informed that Sears lenses, for instance - look dang good!