Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lens shake

Hello

My kit SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL[IF] DC WR lens was sent to Pentax service due fungus. I noticed when it arrives, that the zoom was very stuck. So I return it to Pentax service and them it arrives with very soft zoom movement but it seems that the barrel shakes a bit doing noise, like the DFA 100mm macro. Does anyone has the same situation?

Thanks in advance

Antonio

12-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Antonio. I no longer have a DA18-135, but I don’t recall having any barrel shake, either during zooming or otherwise. If the zoom was stuck, it suggests to me that it may have been put back with one of the ball bearings in the zoom helicoid being out of place, and the repairer might have simply used force to reseat it (I have had a lens technician admit that they have done that in the past, as an easy fix), resulting in damage to the helicoid. You probably need to have an independent technician dismantle the lens to check the condition, if you can find one.
12-27-2018, 06:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Hi Antonio. I no longer have a DA18-135, but I don’t recall having any barrel shake, either during zooming or otherwise. If the zoom was stuck, it suggests to me that it may have been put back with one of the ball bearings in the zoom helicoid being out of place, and the repairer might have simply used force to reseat it (I have had a lens technician admit that they have done that in the past, as an easy fix), resulting in damage to the helicoid. You probably need to have an independent technician dismantle the lens to check the condition, if you can find one.
Thanks
Antonio