Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-18-2018, 05:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What is it inside my lens?

I didn't notice any of this just 2 weeks ago when I took sample photos of the lens because I was trying to sale it. Just now, I am doing the last check before pack it up for shipping and I found this thing. I already notify the buyer and hopefully he didn't pay the money yet.

I think it is condensation but I only guess. what do you think?
If it doesn't go away in a few day, what can I do?

Last edited by pakinjapan; 12-18-2018 at 05:35 AM.
12-18-2018, 05:59 AM - 1 Like   #2

Condensation should clear up quickly depending on the relative humidity and ambient temperatures. Depends on how long it takes the lens to reach the surrounding temps. You could try putting the lens in a sealed container with some silica gel or other dehumidifier agent.

Otherwise could be out-gassing from oil/grease, smoke residue (heavy smoker or a fire). Less likely lens separation or fungus.

If it doesn't clear on its own cleaning is in order.