Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2018, 04:14 AM   #1

PENTAX-A 24mm F/2.8 infinity focus adjust (failed)

In the following (old) post vizzy explains how to adjust oo-focus for the FA 50 (first part of FA50 disassembly and infinity focus adjustment - PentaxForums.com ).
I have acquired a P-A 24mm lately but noticed that I could not get oo-focus on my K-1. So I tried to adjust it in a similar way as vizzy has done with his FA 50.

1) I removed the lens ring inside the filter thread (it does not have the lens name on it as most lenses have)
2) After removal of the rubber grip of the focus ring, 3 small screws get visible - see image 1 (199)
3) After removal of the 3 screws the front end of the lens can be pulled out of the focus ring. Then you can identify 3 screws at the outer bottom inside the lens - see image 2 (201).

Now I would have liked to follow vizzy's advice to adjust oo-focus.
But a standard screw driver does not fit into the small gap between the outer focus ring and the inner lens (see img 2).

The front lens group can be removed easily but I don't think it's any good for oo-focus adjustment (right???).
SMC Pentax 24mm F/2.8 Disassembly - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

So I gave up and I will use the P-A 24mm up to about 25m wide open and stopped down for longer distances (with my K-1).

Thanks to all members which supplied their knowledge and experiences on lens disassembly.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-TZ7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-TZ7  Photo 
12-29-2018, 04:43 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope you were aware of this thread's warning about JIS screws

Cross-head screws - a caution: - PentaxForums.com
12-29-2018, 06:04 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I hope you were aware of this thread's warning about JIS screws

Cross-head screws - a caution: - PentaxForums.com
Allen,
thanks for the hint. I didn't know.
iFixit Store Europe | Home is selling a set of JIS drivers.

I'm not optimistic though that this would solve 'my' problem because the driver must be very thin and it would hit the screw head aslant.

Happy New Year to all
12-29-2018, 07:39 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerusker Quote
Allen,
thanks for the hint. I didn't know.. . .
glad to help out

wasn't sure if that would fix your problem but I thought you might want to know about the warning since you were trying to fix the lens and obviously using screw drivers

Last edited by aslyfox; 12-29-2018 at 08:14 AM.
12-29-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Can't you just get a skinny screwdriver?
12-29-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A good set of JIS screwdrivers will have one that is very thin, but fit the head properly. Get a set before you try any other techniques.
12-29-2018, 08:43 PM   #7
Pentaxian

The gap I see should be wide enough for a small screwdriver. Even a cheap watchmaker's set should be enough for the job.