Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tilt and Shift adapter for 645 to K mount camera - does it exist?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I have managed to acquire a 645 FA 35mm 3.5 rather cheaply and hope to adapt to the K-1 using a tilt AND shift adapter. Is there such a beast out there? I have not found one yet.

something like this

Rock your photography with 3 axis flexibility! ? Fotodiox, Inc. USA

Looking forward to any leads

01-01-2019, 10:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I would appreciated comments on this setup

Kipon Tilt Shift Adapter for Hasselblad V Mount CF Lens to Pentax K Camera | eBay

PLUS

K&F Concept Pentax 645 Lenses to Hasselblad V Camera Mount Adapter

Does this work? I am not familiar with Hasselblad mounts or registration distance relative to Pentax 645
01-02-2019, 12:12 AM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
I have managed to acquire a 645 FA 35mm 3.5 rather cheaply and hope to adapt to the K-1 using a tilt AND shift adapter. Is there such a beast out there? I have not found one yet.

something like this

Rock your photography with 3 axis flexibility! ? Fotodiox, Inc. USA

Looking forward to any leads
With a MIREX 645-K Adapter it is possible to use most of the Pentax 645 Lenses on the K1 as tilt and shift lenses. The adapter includes a tripod mount. I use the 35/120/200 mm lenses in combination with this adapter.
Exception:

a) the old version of the adapter does fit only to K10/K5/K3 but not to K1. Please ask for the K1-Version.

b) 645 DA Lenses doesn't work.
MIREX-Adapter f
01-02-2019, 01:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Excellent - thank you very much. I will investigate further.

01-02-2019, 04:44 AM - 1 Like   #5
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
Hasselblad mounts or registration distance relative to Pentax 645

There are a few Hasselblad mounts:
Hasselblad Xpan has a registration distance of 34.27 mm (bayonet)
Hasselblad H system has a registration distance of 61.63 mm (bayonet)
Hasselblad 500/2000 has a registration distance of 74.9 mm (bayonet)
Hasselblad/Kiev88 has a registration distance of 82.1 mm (multi start thread)

The Pentax 645 has a registration distance of 70.87 mm. So, theoretically, the last two on the list could be adapted.
01-02-2019, 04:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
There are a few Hasselblad mounts:
Hasselblad Xpan has a registration distance of 34.27 mm (bayonet)
Hasselblad H system has a registration distance of 61.63 mm (bayonet)
Hasselblad 500/2000 has a registration distance of 74.9 mm (bayonet)
Hasselblad/Kiev88 has a registration distance of 82.1 mm (multi start thread)

The Pentax 645 has a registration distance of 70.87 mm. So, theoretically, the last two on the list could be adapted.
Thanks PJ1 - The Mirex solution linked to this thread looks like an awesome option. Expensive for us in Australia but the results of this adapter and teh 645 FA 35mm 3.5 seem to be spot on. I found some sample shots of what I want to setup up here

Search: mirex 35 | Flickr
01-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have the Mirex 645 to K adapter and I really like it, but it does have some significant limitations. The tilt and shift mechanisms are fixed relative to each other, so that, for example, if you want a forward lens tilt you are restricted to lateral shifts. While this is sometimes a useful combination of movements, when I use a large format view camera the most common combination of movements I use is rise/fall paired with forward tilt, impossible with the Mirex adapter.

You can't shift very far toward the pentaprism hump (as the Mirex people are careful to warn you). For that reason this adapter is probably better suited to a mirrorless body.

Despite the limitations, I use it a lot. While I don't often do architecture, even for landscapes I like having perspective control. Of course, I already had a (film) 645 kit, so I get dual use out of my 645 lenses.

01-02-2019, 03:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Excellent advice. The makers of the adapter have effectively told me the same thing in email. I am alright with the limitations as I am see the benefit of what it can do. Looking forward to this adapter.