Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sigma Superwide II 24 - how to adjust infinity/unscrew nameplate

I want to unscrew nameplate of the Sigma Superwide II (24/2.8 MF) but it seems the nameplate ring is glued and I cannot remove it. In fact I want to adjust infinity focus, so if someone done it not starting from the front/top of the lens please shed some light on this.
I would be grateful for any ideas how to remove stubborn nameplate. I even tried to glue this to the lens cap with no success.

01-05-2019, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For nameplates that need friction to undo I use a piece of plastic pipe of the right diameter, end rounded off, with some double sided sticky tape - the spongy type used for draught proofing - folded over the end.
In case thread locker has been used, dip eg a small screwdiver into some nail varnish remover (acetone) and dribble a wee drop or two into the thread.
01-07-2019, 06:14 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you very much! I finally had to cut the ring and still do not understand why it was that stiff (no glue or thread locker was aplied). Anyway this lens has long helicoid - it seems it is not only possible to adjust the infinity, but also "add" 5-10 cm of close focus.