Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2019, 09:47 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Website with cool camera rig: looking for help finding

Hi Everyone;

HELP!

I know this is a long shot, but I throw my request on the collective wisdom and memory of our fine community.

I'm looking for a web site I came across within the last couple of years that I stupidly failed to bookmark. It likely came as the result of following a daisy chain of photographic links that started out somewhere else altogether. The site I'm interested had a DIY modular camera/lens rig (I'm thinking for tilt shift work or landscape focus stacking or some other niche style of shooting) based on aluminum extrusions. I seem to recall a cage-like arrangement or structure. It looked interesting and clever and I have no idea where it was or what exacty it was for. I've tried a variety of search terms in Google image and failed to come across it.

I'm hoping that from this hopelessly vague discription someone will recognize what I'm looking for and point me to a link.

Thanks!

01-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Like this? 80/20 Inc. - In Arts and Entertainment
01-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Yes, that was the sort of extruded aluminum this person was using as the basis for their project. For some reason I recall shots of the finished aparatus were taken in his/her driveway....

Whether that memory is correct is another question....
01-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
DIY Camera Rigs, Camera Accessories for Filmmakers - SmallRig

CAMVATE | Arm Your Camera,Camera Accessories,DIY Camera Rigs

01-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

All great links, but none are the one I'm looking for. In the meantime I'll keep on looking.
01-09-2019, 05:46 PM   #6
Pentaxian

You could try checking your browser history. My Firefox history goes back to April of 2017.

If you posted about it you could look at all your posts via search or from your profile. If you have a vague idea of when you posted you can narrow the search down by time frame.
01-09-2019, 07:20 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
You could try checking your browser history. My Firefox history goes back to April of 2017.

If you posted about it you could look at all your posts via search or from your profile. If you have a vague idea of when you posted you can narrow the search down by time frame.
Yeah, I don't know how many times that's saved me.
01-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote

. If you posted about it you could look at all your posts via search or from your profile. If you have a vague idea of when you posted you can narrow the search down by time frame
I hadn't thought of that. It might have been on a computer at work. The one I used might have been replaced in the meantime, but I'll check it out. Thanks! Unfortunately I never posted about it, so that route is out.

01-10-2019, 12:04 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Ok, if you are using Firefox use the Library / Show All History option (ctl-shift-H). There will be a column for time and date. Click on "Older than 6 Months" filter on the left sidebar.
01-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Alas, brute force "History" on Chrome only goes back to October on the computer in question. I has a sad.
01-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #11
Pentaxian

I keep a folder on my desktop to drag the little "info" icon on the browser address bar of URLs I want to look at later. This creates a shortcut for the URL. Easier to manage than bookmarks but you can always bookmark it later.
01-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #12
Forum Member

Probably not what you're looking for, but throwing it in regardless:

ShittyRigs (@shittyrigs) ? Instagram photos and videos
01-11-2019, 04:32 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Probably not what you're looking for, but throwing it in regardless:

ShittyRigs (@shittyrigs) ? Instagram photos and videos
Hilarious! Not what I'm looking for indeed, but good for a laugh! Thanks!