Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #31
Forum Member

That's nice. Come back with some images to share and C&C. (Not everything is equipment).

10-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:

Why I don't recommend the fisheye:

1) It might be more wide than you need (the field of view is like 180 to 100 degrees, whereas the 12-24 is from 100 to 60 degrees approx, so you get the idea, a lens having fisheye means the field of view is dramatically different from a normal -called rectilinear- lens).

2) Fisheye lenses cause distortion, while you can fix it a bit in post processing, it can be annoying.

I find tilting straight lines more "annoying" in some case than fisheye distortion.
I've posted this angle-of-view comparison before, but hopefully it will be new to some. I regret not including the fisheye at 10mm, but too late now.
Attachment 19745

Here's the link to the full-size image.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/KylePix/Tests/10-17vs12-24.jpg

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-02-2011 at 08:31 PM.
10-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #33
Forum Member

Original Poster
Interesting comparation, I think I like a little more the pictures taken with the fisheye.

What is C&C?