Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
01-15-2019, 08:34 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wrench.doozer Quote
I agree cleaning would be paramount. Also most coating labs would serve the eye glasses industry, so the trays, lens holders, etc. would be set up for 'uncuts', say about 50mm or so diameter. I've thought about this, as I've been to our local lab called Optogenics on an interview once. But this is all academic.
Also, you're going to get a "run-of-the-mill" coating unless you can spec a high quality lens formula, no way comparable to what is applied to most photographic lenses (multi-coatings and a protective layer).

01-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I'm just shy of 200*... which is too many really, I'm considering offloading a fair bit of my collection - Having such a collection is a PITA every time I move house.

I'll pick something else to collect, a studio head I know of collects glass eyes, I also know a photographer who collects amber insects and another who collects fountain pens.

* My original concept wast to collect 365 50mm lenses and shoot with a different fifty every day for a year....however a considerable number the lenses are built for mounts that no longer exist, and no adapter currently exists for them. I realize how impractical the idea is.
Damn!!!!! 200??? I'd like to see someone, own that many 135mm lenses
01-24-2019, 11:17 AM - 3 Likes   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I'm just shy of 200*... which is too many really
Waiting for boriscleto to come in here to say "more like not enough"