Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Who rents the HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm lens out?

Hello,
Suffering from LBA, so I'm trying to quash the urge by renting it first.

Before committing to purchasing the HD Pentax-D FA 150 - 450 for my K1, I'd like to give this lens a try. Are there any lens rental sites that have this lens for rental? I checked the Borrowlens and lensrentals but they don't appear to carry it.

It should be noted that I don't shoot birds, cats, or dogs and rarely if ever go to the zoo or shoot other wildlife that I haven't mentioned.. My preference is Macro photography (flowers) and some urban photography.

My brother does some bird watching(he has the patience of Jobe and I do not) and insists that I'd probably like it (I disagree). So he's suggesting I get my hands on one for testing. Also, if I could just capture a decent image of the moon, I might be able to check that off my photo bucket list.

I've never owned a decent lens longer than 200mm, but then again, I've never really had the need.

I have the FA 2.8 70-200mm, and I don't use that an awful lot. My go to lens is the 24-70mm and the 100mm Macro.

Thoughts/Comments and Critique are welcomed.

Regards,
Rodney

Last edited by lazarustx; 01-14-2019 at 05:31 PM.
01-14-2019, 12:45 PM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lazarustx Quote
Hello,
Suffering from LBA, so I'm trying to quash the urge by renting it first.

Before committing to purchasing the FA 150-450 for my K1, I'd like to give this lens a try. Are there any lens rental sites that have this lens for rental? I checked the Borrowlens and lensrentals but they don't appear to carry it. . . . I have the FA 2.8 70-200mm, and I don't use that an awful lot. My go to lens is the 24-70mm and the 100mm Macro.

Thoughts/Comments and Critique are welcomed.

Regards,
Rodney
FA 150-450 ??

if you mean the HD Pentax-D FA 150 - 450 mm zoom

I believe Lensrental does have it available

https://www.lensrentals.com/rent/pentax-hd-d-fa-150-450mm-f4.5-5.6-dc-aw

you might want to call them ( 901 ) 754 9100

try this code to see if you can get a 20% discount

Code: VISION2019

I have dealt with them before including renting that lens and they did a great job

I would recommend buying their best " protection " plan if you do rent

you may want to look at this thread and consider posting about your experience there

Information on Businesses that offer cameras and lenses for rent - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-14-2019 at 12:52 PM.
01-14-2019, 12:52 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got the lens for wildlife. I shot with the 500 f4.5 Sigma, great lens very sharp, but heavy and not very flexible. I wanted something that could go shorter, as well as easier to carry. I like it, it is sharp and renders nicely. But for what you shoot? Maybe long landscape? At 300mm or so it is nice for butterflies. This was 450mm on the K1.

01-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
FA 150-450 ??

if you mean the HD Pentax-D FA 150 - 450 mm zoom

I believe Lensrental does have it available

LensRentals.com - Rent a Pentax HD D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6 DC AW

you might want to call them ( 901 ) 754 9100

try this code to see if you can get a 20% discount

Code: VISION2019

I have dealt with them before including renting that lens and they did a great job

I would recommend buying their best " protection " plan if you do rent

you may want to look at this thread and consider posting about your experience there

Information on Businesses that offer cameras and lenses for rent - PentaxForums.com
Thanks Allen,
Not sure how I missed the lens @ Lens Rental. Its great to see that they have so many available for testing.

I'll check them out. Thanks again for the info.
Regards,
Rodney

01-14-2019, 06:10 PM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lazarustx Quote
Thanks Allen,
Not sure how I missed the lens @ Lens Rental. Its great to see that they have so many available for testing.

I'll check them out. Thanks again for the info.
Regards,
Rodney
in the past, I've rented the D FA 150-450mm and the Pentax 1.4 rear converter

I ended up buying those from other sources

I also rented on another occasion the FA 31 Limited, the Pentax 80 ED Spotting Scope and a carbon fiber tripod

LensRental treated me right

good luck