Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Help needed for choosing

Hi,
I recently got these lenses from my uncle who had an old Pentax MG camera.

1.Auto wide angle MC
f-2.8, f-28mm, 52mm Diameter,
Make: KEPCOR.
2.ZOOM lens.
1=80-200mm, 52mm Diameter
Make: AUTO BOWER.
3.MaCRO Focusing Zoom
28-70mm,55mm Diameter,
f=3.5-4.5 MC,
Make: VIVITAR- JAPAN.
4. Auto Tele converter 2K, for Pentax K.
Make: ARKON.

Can I purchase a new digital SLR for these lenses, will these lenses be compatible with newer Pentax models. Or should I purchase a set of adapters as well?

Hope you guys can help. These are pretty old lenses (25- 26 yrs) old.

Sudu

09-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All those lenses will be usable with any new DSLR Pentax. Of course, none will be autofocus and only those with "A" setting on the aperture ring, will be usable in auto exposure modes. Non "A" lenses will be usable of course, but only in manual exposure mode. In this case, all Pentax DSLR allow a custom function to be set to allow "aperture ring other than A permitted to use" (or something like that), Allowing the use of your lenses.

I suggest getting a new Pentax DSLR, like the K200D, and later as your interest grows, you may think about getting a newer autofocus lens, which are widely available in the new and used market.

That's the beauty of Pentax. You can use anything Pentax (or for Pentax) on anything Pentax (or for Pentax) K mount, limiting operation only to the oldest item's possibilities. That includes the use for really old Pentax screw mount (M42) lenses of course.

Robert B.