Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've lost the tripod foot to my 70-200 how can I get another?

So I've somehow managed to misplace the tripod foot for my Perntax H DFA 70-200 f/2.8 lens. I've tried calling Pentax, Precision, B&H, Adoraoma and a few other camera stores to see if there was a repacemtn available and have come up empty.

Does anyone know where I might beable to get one? Even if there's a 3d printer model of one as I've got a friend with a 3D printer that can print one out for me.

thanks

Last edited by Craigbob; 02-22-2019 at 05:16 PM.
02-22-2019, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
unfortunately unless you can find a private party to sell you one ( the same foot fits the HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW BTW ) it doesn't appear that they are available.

several members are looking for one, check out this thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/37-wanted-items/360734-wanted-tripod-foo...ml#post4205387

one member has posted in that thread that he is working on a 3 D printer option but I don't know how close he is to being done:

QuoteOriginally posted by K6-III Quote
For those folks who are looking, I will attempt to model this part and have it made by a machine shop, potentially with improvements to the original design. I have in mind standard ARCA mount and a lighter, yet still rigid build. Any other features that folks would like?
good luck
02-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
unfortunately unless you can find a private party to sell you one ( the same foot fits the HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW BTW ) it doesn't appear that they are available.

several members are looking for one, check out this thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/37-wanted-items/360734-wanted-tripod-foo...ml#post4205387

one member has posted in that thread that he is working on a 3 D printer option but I don't know how close he is to being done:

good luck
Thanks, I saw that thread too. and posted there as well. I don't understand why Ricoh-Pentax doesn't have these available. Hell, I'd even take the whole tripod collar if it were necessary.
02-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
Thanks, I saw that thread too. and posted there as well. I don't understand why Ricoh-Pentax doesn't have these available. Hell, I'd even take the whole tripod collar if it were necessary.
oops

missed that

sorry

02-22-2019, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you broke it and sent your lens in to Precision for a ‘repair’ I wonder if they could ‘replace’ the broken foot and send your lens back?
02-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If you broke it and sent your lens in to Precision for a ‘repair’ I wonder if they could ‘replace’ the broken foot and send your lens back?
Yes. I messed up my 150-450, which also has a faulty tripod mount. I sent it to Sun Cameras who is the Pentax repair shop for Canada. They sent it to Japan for the repair including replacing the foot.

I don't know how Precision could work out but it may be worth a call.

O-TM80 is the part number.

Pentax Tripod Mount O-TM80 for HD D FA 150-450mm & 70-200mm | Art & Craft

https://www.fotoskoda.cz/pentax-stativova-objimka-o-tm80-pro-d-fa-150-450-a-70-200-2-8/

Maybe someone could translate that?
02-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Precision can replace a missing foot. It will probably cost you a decent sum, but it can definitely be done.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-22-2019, 07:58 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Precision can replace a missing foot. It will probably cost you a decent sum, but it can definitely be done.
While searching I found this as part of a thread regarding a 150-450 lens tripod collar. It appears to use the same collar. Worth a try?

"I've just broken mine courtesy of a tipping tripod.

For future reference:-

DFA 150-450 Tripod seat assy 41610 0-D401 £104.42 Plus post & packing (£5) plus VAT. From Johnsons Photopia. The thing I found odd with Johnsons was you could not ring up and discuss the problem, you had to send in an email."
02-22-2019, 09:59 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Buy a DFA150-450. Share the foot. You know you want to

Or make me an offer on my spare. Seriously.
02-22-2019, 10:09 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Replacement parts can be ordered to Ricoh Imaging Japan , via Pentax repair center in your country. Spare parts + shipment costs aren't cheap. And the process may take something like 3 weeks or more.
02-22-2019, 10:25 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Buy a DFA150-450. Share the foot. You know you want to

Or make me an offer on my spare. Seriously.
I have a 150-450 and am sharing the foot, but sometimes I don't have both lenses with me and don't know what lenses are going to be needed.

If you truly have a spare, How much do you want for it? PM me the price please.

---------- Post added 02-22-19 at 11:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Replacement parts can be ordered to Ricoh Imaging Japan , via Pentax repair center in your country. Spare parts + shipment costs aren't cheap. And the process may take something like 3 weeks or more.
I tried calling both Ricoh-Pentax and Precision camera (US repair center) and neither one of them were able to provide a replacement. If you have a contact who might be able to help I'd be grateful if you could share it with me.

---------- Post added 02-23-19 at 12:07 AM ----------

When I called them they were unable to provide me a replacement.

---------- Post added 02-23-19 at 12:08 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Yes. I messed up my 150-450, which also has a faulty tripod mount. I sent it to Sun Cameras who is the Pentax repair shop for Canada. They sent it to Japan for the repair including replacing the foot.

I don't know how Precision could work out but it may be worth a call.

O-TM80 is the part number.

Pentax Tripod Mount O-TM80 for HD D FA 150-450mm & 70-200mm | Art & Craft

PENTAX stativová objímka O-TM80 pro D-FA 150-450 a 70-200/2,8 | Foto?koda

Maybe someone could translate that?
Out of Stock.
02-22-2019, 11:15 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

When I called them they were unable to provide me a replacement.
They definitely will not sell you the part alone. Did you state that you'd send the lens in as part of a regular service?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-22-2019, 11:24 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ray Cox Quote
While searching I found this as part of a thread regarding a 150-450 lens tripod collar. It appears to use the same collar. Worth a try?

"I've just broken mine courtesy of a tipping tripod.

For future reference:-

DFA 150-450 Tripod seat assy 41610 0-D401 £104.42 Plus post & packing (£5) plus VAT. From Johnsons Photopia. The thing I found odd with Johnsons was you could not ring up and discuss the problem, you had to send in an email."
It appears that Johnson's Photopia is out of business

---------- Post added 02-23-19 at 12:28 AM ----------

They definitely will not sell you the part alone. Did you state that you'd send the lens in as part of a regular service?
No I did not. Both my 70-200 and my 150-450 are in great shape aside from one of them missing a foot. What would I say is the issue?
02-23-2019, 12:04 AM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

No I did not. Both my 70-200 and my 150-450 are in great shape aside from one of them missing a foot. What would I say is the issue?
I know in at least one other thread, someone just sent in their lens and said the foot was missing, and ended up paying the standard repair quote shown on the website.

Adam

02-23-2019, 12:26 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a 150-450 and am sharing the foot, but sometimes I don't have both lenses with me and don't know what lenses are going to be needed.
Then as far I can see you don't have a problem. How often will you want both of them on tripods at the same time?