Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Photos: Albums
Posts: 360
I've lost the tripod foot to my 70-200 how can I get another?

So I've somehow managed to misplace the tripod foot for my Perntax H DFA 70-200 f/2.8 lens. I've tried calling Pentax, Precision, B&H, Adoraoma and a few other camera stores to see if there was a repacemtn available and have come up empty.

Does anyone know where I might beable to get one? Even if there's a 3d printer model of one as I've got a friend with a 3D printer that can print one out for me.

thanks


Last edited by Craigbob; 02-22-2019 at 05:16 PM.
02-22-2019, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,613
unfortunately unless you can find a private party to sell you one ( the same foot fits the HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW BTW ) it doesn't appear that they are available.

several members are looking for one, check out this thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/37-wanted-items/360734-wanted-tripod-foo...ml#post4205387

one member has posted in that thread that he is working on a 3 D printer option but I don't know how close he is to being done:

QuoteOriginally posted by K6-III Quote
For those folks who are looking, I will attempt to model this part and have it made by a machine shop, potentially with improvements to the original design. I have in mind standard ARCA mount and a lighter, yet still rigid build. Any other features that folks would like?
good luck
02-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Photos: Albums
Posts: 360
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
unfortunately unless you can find a private party to sell you one ( the same foot fits the HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW BTW ) it doesn't appear that they are available.

several members are looking for one, check out this thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/37-wanted-items/360734-wanted-tripod-foo...ml#post4205387

one member has posted in that thread that he is working on a 3 D printer option but I don't know how close he is to being done:



good luck
Thanks, I saw that thread too. and posted there as well. I don't understand why Ricoh-Pentax doesn't have these available. Hell, I'd even take the whole tripod collar if it were necessary.
02-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,613
QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
Thanks, I saw that thread too. and posted there as well. I don't understand why Ricoh-Pentax doesn't have these available. Hell, I'd even take the whole tripod collar if it were necessary.
oops

missed that

sorry

02-22-2019, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Working From Home
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,258
QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
Thanks, I saw that thread too. and posted there as well. I don't understand why Ricoh-Pentax doesn't have these available. Hell, I'd even take the whole tripod collar if it were necessary.
If you broke it and sent your lens in to Precision for a ‘repair’ I wonder if they could ‘replace’ the broken foot and send your lens back?
02-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,764
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If you broke it and sent your lens in to Precision for a ‘repair’ I wonder if they could ‘replace’ the broken foot and send your lens back?
Yes. I messed up my 150-450, which also has a faulty tripod mount. I sent it to Sun Cameras who is the Pentax repair shop for Canada. They sent it to Japan for the repair including replacing the foot.

I don't know how Precision could work out but it may be worth a call.

O-TM80 is the part number.

Pentax Tripod Mount O-TM80 for HD D FA 150-450mm & 70-200mm | Art & Craft

https://www.fotoskoda.cz/pentax-stativova-objimka-o-tm80-pro-d-fa-150-450-a-70-200-2-8/

Maybe someone could translate that?
02-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,834
Precision can replace a missing foot. It will probably cost you a decent sum, but it can definitely be done.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-22-2019, 07:58 PM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Utica,Il
Posts: 136
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Precision can replace a missing foot. It will probably cost you a decent sum, but it can definitely be done.
While searching I found this as part of a thread regarding a 150-450 lens tripod collar. It appears to use the same collar. Worth a try?

"I've just broken mine courtesy of a tipping tripod.

For future reference:-

DFA 150-450 Tripod seat assy 41610 0-D401 £104.42 Plus post & packing (£5) plus VAT. From Johnsons Photopia. The thing I found odd with Johnsons was you could not ring up and discuss the problem, you had to send in an email."

02-22-2019, 09:59 PM   #9
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sandy Hancock's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,490
Buy a DFA150-450. Share the foot. You know you want to

Or make me an offer on my spare. Seriously.
02-22-2019, 10:09 PM   #10
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,288
Replacement parts can be ordered to Ricoh Imaging Japan , via Pentax repair center in your country. Spare parts + shipment costs aren't cheap. And the process may take something like 3 weeks or more.
02-22-2019, 10:25 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Photos: Albums
Posts: 360
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Buy a DFA150-450. Share the foot. You know you want to

Or make me an offer on my spare. Seriously.
I have a 150-450 and am sharing the foot, but sometimes I don't have both lenses with me and don't know what lenses are going to be needed.

If you truly have a spare, How much do you want for it? PM me the price please.

---------- Post added 02-22-19 at 11:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Replacement parts can be ordered to Ricoh Imaging Japan , via Pentax repair center in your country. Spare parts + shipment costs aren't cheap. And the process may take something like 3 weeks or more.
I tried calling both Ricoh-Pentax and Precision camera (US repair center) and neither one of them were able to provide a replacement. If you have a contact who might be able to help I'd be grateful if you could share it with me.

---------- Post added 02-23-19 at 12:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Precision can replace a missing foot. It will probably cost you a decent sum, but it can definitely be done.
When I called them they were unable to provide me a replacement.

---------- Post added 02-23-19 at 12:08 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Yes. I messed up my 150-450, which also has a faulty tripod mount. I sent it to Sun Cameras who is the Pentax repair shop for Canada. They sent it to Japan for the repair including replacing the foot.

I don't know how Precision could work out but it may be worth a call.

O-TM80 is the part number.

Pentax Tripod Mount O-TM80 for HD D FA 150-450mm & 70-200mm | Art & Craft

PENTAX stativová objímka O-TM80 pro D-FA 150-450 a 70-200/2,8 | Foto?koda

Maybe someone could translate that?
Out of Stock.
02-22-2019, 11:15 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,834
QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
When I called them they were unable to provide me a replacement.
They definitely will not sell you the part alone. Did you state that you'd send the lens in as part of a regular service?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-22-2019, 11:24 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Photos: Albums
Posts: 360
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ray Cox Quote
While searching I found this as part of a thread regarding a 150-450 lens tripod collar. It appears to use the same collar. Worth a try?

"I've just broken mine courtesy of a tipping tripod.

For future reference:-

DFA 150-450 Tripod seat assy 41610 0-D401 £104.42 Plus post & packing (£5) plus VAT. From Johnsons Photopia. The thing I found odd with Johnsons was you could not ring up and discuss the problem, you had to send in an email."
It appears that Johnson's Photopia is out of business

---------- Post added 02-23-19 at 12:28 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They definitely will not sell you the part alone. Did you state that you'd send the lens in as part of a regular service?
No I did not. Both my 70-200 and my 150-450 are in great shape aside from one of them missing a foot. What would I say is the issue?
02-23-2019, 12:04 AM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,834
QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
No I did not. Both my 70-200 and my 150-450 are in great shape aside from one of them missing a foot. What would I say is the issue?
I know in at least one other thread, someone just sent in their lens and said the foot was missing, and ended up paying the standard repair quote shown on the website.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-23-2019, 12:26 AM   #15
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sandy Hancock's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,490
QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
I have a 150-450 and am sharing the foot, but sometimes I don't have both lenses with me and don't know what lenses are going to be needed.
Then as far I can see you don't have a problem. How often will you want both of them on tripods at the same time?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
3d, center, collar, foot, japan, johnsons, k-mount, lens, lens tripod, lenses, option, pentax, pentax lens, photopia, pm, post, precision, printer, repair, replacement, ricoh, share, slr lens, tripod
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you can't afford the 24-70 and 70-200 for the K1 what would you get? John Hales Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 73 07-05-2018 09:10 PM
For Sale - Sold: DA* 300 f4 (Green Band) + Fanotek Foot + OEM Foot + Filter Plus HD 1.4 TC RockvilleBob Sold Items 4 05-14-2017 06:34 AM
Lens tests on K-1 : 15-30, 24-70, 70-200, 31, 43, 77, 100 Macro, 28-70 and 80-200 Mistral75 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 14 06-28-2016 11:46 AM
I broke my foot! Well, the flash foot. jboyde Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 1 11-15-2010 02:59 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:32 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top