Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
Forum Member

Autofocus adjustment number in exif data.

As the post, where do I find this in the exif data. I threw my DA 50mm 1.8 on last night and for some reason the focus feels off. I was shooting sharp as tacks with it last April and I want to utilise it more. I just feel something has changed with it and want to investigate.

03-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exiftool should give you that info; tag name is AFAdjustment. Usage for the command line version would be: exiftool FILENAME -AFAdjustment

Hope that helps!

--Steve
03-02-2019, 11:20 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Shenloanne Quote
As the post, where do I find this in the exif data. I threw my DA 50mm 1.8 on last night and for some reason the focus feels off. I was shooting sharp as tacks with it last April and I want to utilise it more. I just feel something has changed with it and want to investigate.
The setting for AF/FA is not just for setting the adjustment but is also for telling the camera what setting to use. So if you made a single lens adjustment "apply one", then make sure your camera has that setting active. If you have the setting at off or "apply all" then your setting won't be applied.
03-02-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
OK so much trial and error later plus 5 is the sweet spot. Might get some photos tmw int Park with it.

03-03-2019, 02:07 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use nomacs image nomic as software for quick review of my fotos in order to delete blurred, out of focus .. before imported them in lightroom. Nomacs shows exifs datas also the af adjustmen.
03-03-2019, 06:47 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This works great for me. http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi