Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
B&H discounts... how long will they last?

Looking at the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Lens for Pentax K here : Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Lens for Pentax K 58C109 B&H Photo

But I can't pull the trigger for at least a couple weeks or so. I could put it on a credit card if I thought the deal wouldn't last... but my wife doesn't like that idea haha.

Should I be worried about the discount disappearing?

03-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Of course that's hard to say for certain. But if you go to the deal finder on PF, you can see how prices varied in the past months/years, and maybe it gives you an idea. The lens you linked has been at this price for over a year Pentax Camera & Lens Deal Finder
03-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zephos Quote
Looking at the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Lens for Pentax K here : Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Lens for Pentax K 58C109 B&H Photo

But I can't pull the trigger for at least a couple weeks or so. I could put it on a credit card if I thought the deal wouldn't last... but my wife doesn't like that idea haha.

Amazon actually has a better price at the moment:
amazon: Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 Ex Dc Hsm Lens for Pentax DSLR Camera : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo

That said, $369 has been the norm for the past year, so I would expect to pay at most that.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-21-2019, 08:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Thanks for pointing this out!

---------- Post added 03-21-19 at 09:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
The lens you linked has been at this price for over a year Pentax Camera & Lens Deal Finder
Thank you!

03-22-2019, 06:25 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think that if you open an account at B&H, then put something into your cart but not finalize the purchase, it will remain there at the price when you put it into your cart even if the advertised price goes up. Could be wrong about that, but I think that's how B&H operates.
03-22-2019, 10:25 AM - 1 Like   #6
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Zephos Quote

The current $300 "instant rebate" is due toexpire Mar 31st.
03-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
The current $300 "instant rebate" is due toexpire Mar 31st.
Is that guaranteed to expire? Or is it the kind of thing that is set to expire relatively soon all the time but keeps getting extended at the last minute? I have seen manufacturers do that to create a false sense of urgency to get more sales, so that is why I ask. Thank you.
03-22-2019, 01:27 PM - 1 Like   #8
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
amazon: Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 Ex Dc Hsm Lens for Pentax DSLR Camera : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo

That said, $369 has been the norm for the past year, so I would expect to pay at most that.
one of the nice things of the User reviews of the lenses that you find under " Lenses " is a history of prices at Adorama, BH and Amazon

you do have to go down the page a little to find it.

Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

03-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Rebates I've benefitted from in the past were always from the manufacturer. I'm sure that Amazon price includes this "instant rebate" also. If their rebate expires March 31st, they may or may not choose to renew it.