Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #16

Original Poster
Sadly I cannot try the first method at the moment. I'm traveling around and do not have a place to operate on the lenses safely.
I'll try the second one as soon as possible and keep the thread updated. It definitely makes sense, especially when you consider the fact that at infinity, there is a weird gap between the front and rear part of the lens. Could it be the offset that I miss to achieve focus to infinity ? Who knows

Just to be absolutely clear, the "grub screws on the outside of the focus ring" you're talking about (or this thread for that matter), are they the ones you can see on this picture or the ones just above the aperture ring ?

Attached Images

Last edited by blemasle; 04-04-2019 at 01:04 PM.
04-06-2019, 10:04 AM   #17

Original Poster
Found It !

Takumar 200mm f4

As you said, on the Takumar, it's a matter of playing with the focusing barrel on the above picture.

1. Unscrew the three screws
2. Move the barrel back
3. Rescrew
4. Repeat as needed

Tair 3S

For the Tair 3S, it's even simplier. As said on the Tair-3 (300/4.5 part of the photosniper) repair guide , the front part of the lens (the one with "Made in Russia" on my lens) is the "infinity lock".
1. Unscrew the three screws
2. Move the infinity lock to your need (unscrew it to move the front lens closer from your sensor)
3. Recrews the three screws

An important note though : DO NOT put too much force on the screws. I broke one of the screw head by tightening it I'm not sure I'll be able to ever remove it again...
Attached Images

Last edited by blemasle; 04-27-2019 at 02:44 AM.
04-25-2019, 04:07 AM   #18

I have similar issues with my K-70 and a Sigma DG 70-300mm lens, and other lenses truth be known. What am I doing wrong?
04-25-2019, 07:19 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Roger Dier Quote
I have similar issues with my K-70 and a Sigma DG 70-300mm lens, and other lenses truth be known. What am I doing wrong?
What issues? Can't focus to infinity? This thread is about adapted (non K-mount lenses) that need adjustment.

You are talking about a native Pentax mount autofocus lens, yes? If so, and you can't focus to infinity with it (or other K-mount lenses) that's a whole different problem. More details needed.

04-25-2019, 12:25 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Roger Dier Quote
Have you read the responses to the thread you started on that topic?

Steve