Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2019, 04:46 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Limited lenses, before they see the light

This is a beautifully crafted video of beautifully crafted lenses.
Inspiring to the Limited lens admirers out there.
Enjoy.

04-01-2019, 04:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Already posted HERE, but still inspiring.
04-01-2019, 04:54 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

if anyone is interested in the love expressed by members about the Pentax Limiteds:

the limiteds do they live up to the reputation and why - Page 17 - PentaxForums.com

17 pages awaiting your contribution should you choose to do so
04-01-2019, 05:18 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like Ricoh Imaging wants to renew the Pentax tradition. Good news, the future is bright.

04-01-2019, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
This is a beautifully crafted video of beautifully crafted lenses.
Inspiring to the Limited lens admirers out there.
Enjoy.

PENTAX | Limited Lens - until it sees the light - - YouTube
Very nice....did you notice that in the video, the test camera they were using was the K-50 in white. I have to say that the 16.3mp sensor was probably the golden age. Well after, my K-50 was used up, I moved on to the K-3 series, the K-S2, the KP and ultimately the K-1. When a brand new in box K-5ii went up for sale (with the 18-55mm kit lens) for $400 in January 2019, I bought it immediately and love its rendition and white balance; great camera that holds its own with most of the newer offerings. Since I don't enlarge beyond 13x19--the K-5ii produces excellent photos for my collection. With a 70mm or 20-40 limiteds aboard, it's a beast.
Don't get me wrong, I love all my Pentax 'children', it's just the K-50 and the K-5ii were/are among my favorites....
04-01-2019, 11:06 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
I have to say that the 16.3mp sensor was probably the golden age. ... it's just the K-50 and the K-5ii were/are among my favorites....
The K-01 also shares that goodness.
04-01-2019, 05:21 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Very nice....did you notice that in the video, the test camera they were using was the K-50 in white. I have to say that the 16.3mp sensor was probably the golden age. Well after, my K-50 was used up, I moved on to the K-3 series, the K-S2, the KP and ultimately the K-1. When a brand new in box K-5ii went up for sale (with the 18-55mm kit lens) for $400 in January 2019, I bought it immediately and love its rendition and white balance; great camera that holds its own with most of the newer offerings. Since I don't enlarge beyond 13x19--the K-5ii produces excellent photos for my collection. With a 70mm or 20-40 limiteds aboard, it's a beast.
Don't get me wrong, I love all my Pentax 'children', it's just the K-50 and the K-5ii were/are among my favorites....
I too have the KP and I am crazy about it. And I am very fond of my K-S2 for its amazing capability for being of such small, lightweight size, which is very important for some circumstances. But I still love my K-5, and especially my K-5 IIs, both in top-notch condition.

04-01-2019, 06:42 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
I too have the KP and I am crazy about it. And I am very fond of my K-S2 for its amazing capability for being of such small, lightweight size, which is very important for some circumstances. But I still love my K-5, and especially my K-5 IIs, both in top-notch condition.
The Pentax lineage is quite good. I'm glad I moved over to them, starting with the 100D and now with my present camera bodies, the AF is fine for my purposes, and the ergonomics are perfect for my needs. For some reason, the K-5 series has the "right" balance: Weight, speed, controls and IQ.
04-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
The K-01 also shares that goodness.
That’s why I’ve kept mine. K-01 and K-1 are the only Pentax cameras I’ve ever pre-ordered.

That black 31 is positively gorgeous. I actually feel much better about the future of Pentax after seeing this video.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-01-2019 at 08:30 PM.
04-01-2019, 08:23 PM   #10

Since I have recently bought K-1 and only have DFA 50mm 1.4 and none of these limited editions... so can someone please tell me like are they to produce renewed limited lens or it's just a video that shows how limited lens are made?
04-01-2019, 08:34 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bedisaab Quote
Since I have recently bought K-1 and only have DFA 50mm 1.4 and none of these limited editions... so can someone please tell me like are they to produce renewed limited lens or it's just a video that shows how limited lens are made?
The latter. I very much doubt the Limiteds will ever get a re-design. Maybe the new HD coatings, but I suspect that's it.
04-01-2019, 08:35 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bedisaab Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The latter. I very much doubt the Limiteds will ever get a re-design. Maybe the new HD coatings, but I suspect that's it.
There have been reports from credible sources (who are not affiliated with Ricoh Imaging) that new lenses of Limited standard are plannned. That doesn’t mean the FA Limiteds will change, I don’t think, but complete new lens designs that could be labeled D FA Limiteds.

The video is likely image advertising intended to set the Pentax brand apart as a producer of fine lenses and cameras, not just consumer grade products.

The three FA Limiteds are iconic. The DA Limiteds, especially the pancakes, are sublime to use, epitomizing the fun of using Pentax products. The problem with future Limiteds will be keeping them small if Pentax includes an in-lens AF motor. Small is part of the Limited product image.

The D FA*50/1.4 and 70~210/2.8 demonstrate Ricoh can design and produce in-house lenses at the pinnacle of modern optical design and production. Limited lenses meet a different need. They are little jewels of quality manufacturing and unique conceptually.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-01-2019 at 08:51 PM.
04-01-2019, 11:41 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think that some problem with limiteds as with the other FA primes was a "badstock" left of glass blanks and other parts to be used for current line. If those ware updated before they run out of the legacy parts, then who would buy older stuff? Similar story got Canon tied to 50/1.8II plastic horror, recently changed for 50/1.8 STM.
04-02-2019, 12:26 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The three FA Limiteds are iconic. The DA Limiteds, especially the pancakes, are sublime to use, epitomizing the fun of using Pentax products. The problem with future Limiteds will be keeping them small if Pentax includes an in-lens AF motor. Small is part of the Limited product image.
An upgrade to include the HD coating and weather-sealing should enhance performance and appeal while keeping them small.

Philip
04-02-2019, 04:44 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Reed Quote
I think that some problem with limiteds as with the other FA primes was a "badstock" left of glass blanks and other parts to be used for current line. If those ware updated before they run out of the legacy parts, then who would buy older stuff? Similar story got Canon tied to 50/1.8II plastic horror, recently changed for 50/1.8 STM.
Do you know that or is it purely baseless speculation?