Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2019, 09:59 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bikehead90 Quote
. . .
Any suggestions of where/what kind of photography I can do, outside if extremely fuzzy shots of the moon?

My Phoenix / Samyang 500mm also has lousy image quality, but I like using it for black and white landscapes.

With such a long lens, distances appear to shrink and novel compositions often emerge. And I think the low contrast original images frequently look better as high contrast black and white. I use my K-5ii's in camera Custom Image infrared setting - or Perfect Effects 8 or Silver Efex Pro 2 for post processing.

And the crazy / lousy out of focus rendering may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love it! I also like the close focusing ability (1.72m MFD) of my lens and the "eyeball" highlights it can generate.

05-21-2019, 04:57 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by .a.t. Quote
My Phoenix / Samyang 500mm also has lousy image quality, but I like using it for black and white landscapes.

With such a long lens, distances appear to shrink and novel compositions often emerge. And I think the low contrast original images frequently look better as high contrast black and white. I use my K-5ii's in camera Custom Image infrared setting - or Perfect Effects 8 or Silver Efex Pro 2 for post processing.

And the crazy / lousy out of focus rendering may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love it! I also like the close focusing ability (1.72m MFD) of my lens and the "eyeball" highlights it can generate.

Thanks for the inspiration. I’m going to explore the other possibilities with this unique lens. Here’s a couple I shot with the dramatic monochrome on my K3.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-21-2019, 07:49 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bikehead90 Quote
Thanks for the inspiration. I’m going to explore the other possibilities with this unique lens. Here’s a couple I shot with the dramatic monochrome on my K3.

You're welcome. Have fun exploring!