Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2019, 07:21 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Supplentary lens protection plan

Has anyone ever purchased the Square Trade protection plan that is sold by B and H? If you have, any experince(s) good or bad?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Jim

04-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

supplementary...?
04-24-2019, 08:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Supplementary as in addition to the the manufacturers warrantee
04-24-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I purchased it on the dfa 150-450 lens 18 months ago. The autofocus stopped working last month for no apparent reason. Square trade authorized a return immediately ($17.00 mail fee on me). They told me it might take one month to repair. It’s been almost a month now; I have not received any correspondence from them, and they did not respond to my query last week. I’ll keep you informed.

---------- Post added 04-24-19 at 12:12 PM ----------

Addendum: I just received an e-mail from SquareTrade stating that the lens had to be shipped “to the manufacturer” (Japan?) for repair, and that I should hear from them after May 1. If I receive it back in working condition I would have only positive comments on this warranty company. I’ll keep you informed. My real concern is why did the autofocus mechanism in this lens fail? The lens was never dropped or abused, and I thought that the Pentax DC autofocus mechanism was foolproof. I’ve never had problems with any other DC lenses before. Does anyone on the forum have similar experience?

04-24-2019, 05:42 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Also, check out your home owner's/renter's insurance and see about adding a rider for camera equipment. I found it very cheap for what I could insure.