Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2019, 03:16 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian
redpit's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Athens
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,534
QuoteOriginally posted by dagoban Quote
Please, some more questions.

How do you transport the DA 560 lens?.
Is the original soft case strong enough to carry the lens without danger of damaging it?.
How do you travel by plane with the lens?.
Have you ever had any problem traveling with the lens in the cabin of airplanes due to airline restrictions?.

Thanks in advance
Pentax DA 560mm f5.6 Tips and Advice? - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

Never taken my DA560 on a plane yet

04-28-2019, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian
angerdan's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,686
QuoteOriginally posted by dagoban Quote
  1. How do you transport the DA 560 lens?
  2. Is the original soft case strong enough to carry the lens without danger of damaging it?
  3. How do you travel by plane with the lens?
  4. Have you ever had any problem traveling with the lens in the cabin of airplanes due to airline restrictions?
  1. Inside an modificated Bagpack:
    DA 560mm 5.6 AW - useful accessoires - PentaxForums.com
    Vanguard Alta Sky 66*Rucksack für: Amazon.de: Kamera
  2. No, it's ony for safe storing. The soft case is not very strong.
  3. I travel by train
  4. This will depend on the airline and ticket class. You can prevent this by shipping the lens per mail (USPS/DHL).
04-28-2019, 02:46 PM   #18
Senior Member
dagoban's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 242
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
  1. Inside an modificated Bagpack:
    DA 560mm 5.6 AW - useful accessoires - PentaxForums.com
    Vanguard Alta Sky 66*Rucksack für: Amazon.de: Kamera
  2. No, it's ony for safe storing. The soft case is not very strong.
  3. I travel by train
  4. This will depend on the airline and ticket class. You can prevent this by shipping the lens per mail (USPS/DHL).
Thank you very much guys for your fast answers!

Pentaxforums is an explendid forum!
05-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #19
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,774
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
You shouldn't compare the bigma to the DA 560 IMHO. If you need a supertele with great IQ even from 5.6 then the DA 560 is the way to go (the Sigma 500/4.5 being the only other option to buy new - if its still available somewhere).
If you want Pentax, the 560 is the only chance - currently. I decided against a new 560 or a used Sigma 4.5/500. From other brands you have a lot more used/new options that are better suited. I like my K1 and don't want a second system, but for long tele work there is no way around it for me. I especially like in lens shake reduction - if you want to work without a tripod. Yes, Pentax can nail AF, yes in body SR works, but for the life can be easier and not more expensive.

05-01-2019, 10:46 AM   #20
Pentaxian
redpit's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Athens
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,534
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
but for the life can be easier and not more expensive.
I agree with the life can be easier part (indeed there are many easier options) but I disagree with the not more expensive. Are there K-1+DA 560 options from other brands that cost less than $6K and make life easier? Of course we are talking for new equipment, a ~600/5.6 prime and a FF camera.
05-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #21
Senior Member
dagoban's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 242
Original Poster
It's a pity that there are no long teles sigma option for pentax as the new sigma 500 F4 or the cheaper sigma 150-600/60-600. Of course we never had the option of the sigmonster or the sigma 800, but in the past we were better with the sigma alternatives: bigma, 300 F2.8, 500 F4,5, etc. Nowadays the single option we have for pentax are the pentax DFA 150-450 and the DA 560. Do you know if pentax is designing a new replacementent for the veteran pentax 200-500 or a similar lens?
10-16-2019, 12:44 PM   #22
Pentaxian
angerdan's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,686
QuoteOriginally posted by dagoban Quote
  1. It's a pity that there are no long teles sigma option for pentax as the new sigma 500 F4 or the cheaper sigma 150-600/60-600.
  2. Of course we never had the option of the sigmonster or the sigma 800, but in the past we were better with the sigma alternatives: bigma, 300 F2.8, 500 F4,5, etc.
  3. Nowadays the single option we have for pentax are the pentax DFA 150-450 and the DA 560.
  4. Do you know if pentax is designing a new replacementent for the veteran pentax 200-500 or a similar lens?
  1. There's the Sigma 500mm 4.5 EX DG HSM or the HD D FA 150-450mm with TC (225-675mm 6.0-8.4)
  2. Without AF there#s the Pentax 6x7 800mm 4.0
    SMC Pentax-6x7 / S-M-C Takumar 6x7 / Takumar 6x7 800mm F4 Reviews - 67 Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
  3. Also a lot of F* and FA* lenses like 600mm 4.0 and 250-600mm 5.6
  4. I believe you mean the 250-600mm 5.6 since there haven't been a 200-500 ever for Pentax.
    It's unlikely Pentax will do so in the next years, but when they'll focus towards professional photographers again like in the early 90ties, some day maybe?
    Before that, holes like fast tele primes, long primes and fast AF will be more likely first.
10-21-2019, 02:44 PM   #23
Senior Member
dagoban's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 242
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
  1. There's the Sigma 500mm 4.5 EX DG HSM or the HD D FA 150-450mm with TC (225-675mm 6.0-8.4)
  2. Without AF there#s the Pentax 6x7 800mm 4.0
    SMC Pentax-6x7 / S-M-C Takumar 6x7 / Takumar 6x7 800mm F4 Reviews - 67 Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
  3. Also a lot of F* and FA* lenses like 600mm 4.0 and 250-600mm 5.6
  4. I believe you mean the 250-600mm 5.6 since there haven't been a 200-500 ever for Pentax.
    It's unlikely Pentax will do so in the next years, but when they'll focus towards professional photographers again like in the early 90ties, some day maybe?
    Before that, holes like fast tele primes, long primes and fast AF will be more likely first.
Thank you for the answers angerdan. We are still waiting for the new pentax TC FF and no news by the moment.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
challenge, da, da 560, flickr, k-mount, lens, pentax k1, pentax lens, slr lens, sports, valencia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K1 how much of the sensor is used in video mode? blackest Pentax K-1 11 03-01-2019 03:17 AM
Has anyone used both the DA 16-85 and DFA 28-105? bdery Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 16 11-08-2018 07:57 AM
Some recent K1 shots from New York - many featuring the SMC-DA 12-24 in FF mode jonlg Pentax K-1 10 04-04-2017 08:58 PM
FF mode on a designated Cropped mode lens performance like DA 300 SDM SteveD Pentax K-1 10 06-24-2016 11:51 AM
Used DA 560/5.6 at B&H vonBaloney Pentax Price Watch 2 03-18-2016 09:11 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top